Discount at halfords

its not a fake receipt the receipt is from halfords that states the items cost, I could easily just say to the customer to go and get the item themselves and then charge silly money to fit it.

Everything has a trade price … Even an MOT .

Ross is right. The system actually works by the till supplying 2 receipts for the mechanic. 1 receipt has the full off the shelf price for average joe customers and the 2nd has the price for Trade. That way Ross can have a reciept for his accounting records and the customer can be shown a full valid reciept with Ross’ added hourly rate etc etc

Perfectly legit

What the eff is this about.

In the days I was prepared to get my hand dirty I’d buy everything at trade price but charge the customer full list price. It’s called “business”.

If they looked like being a bit iffy, I’d give a bit of discount for being a good customer. But then I was the one that was prepared to get off their ar$e, get my hands greasy, put in some effort and put my money on the line in expectation.

Any profit from that is called “reward” or “income”.

Good to know that Halfords talk trade though. I think I need a new battery for the 'prilia.