Dilema which bike to pick

Hi all need some fellow bikers advice, am upgrading to a bigger bike and cant decide which one to go for. I’ve shortened it to 3 bikes well 2 bike R6 and GSXR 600 model but not sure which one to go for. Most of usage will be for commuting back and forth to work and odd leisure ride out, Insurance wise there is no not much difference in price. so that never helped me in making my choice.

I’ve narrowed it down to three choices.

K5 with 30’000 miles

https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-motorbikes/gsxr-600-k5-anniversary-/1179730228

K3 with only 8500 miles

https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-motorbikes/suzuki-gsxr-600-k3-2003-8500-miles-2-owners-cbr-zx-r6-/1179678899

R6 limited edition 27000

https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-r6-2004-limited-addition-/1178132640

Ive been told that the GSXR have bullet proof engine but not sure about the R6. Am on a tight budget and these are just around my price mark, I like the R6 but not also like the K3 with low mileage.

when buying would you look at year or mileage?

which would you recommend?  I also know there not the best commuting bikes but after a sport bike.

Help me decide please.

Where and how long is the commute?

I don’t understand the want to commute on a sports bike and you’re going to leave it where all day every day unattended? 

Lets hope it doesn’t all end in tears.

The K3

Comfy and a lot of bike for the money. Low milage and pretty stock.

I think they look better in blue but would take the mileage over the age.

I think you should choose what you like look of most at they’re all awesome machines. That said I reckon the GSXR is probably better for the commute.

Love my R6 1 year older and exactly the same colour scheme. Brilliant bikes. Price seems a bit steep. Plenty of good low mileage ones about for the same price. I know a SilverR6 that has 60k on hers and still runs smooth if you take care of it.

Just so you know it’s in scotlanD. 

Commute from romford to Stratford. 11 miles. Around 20 minutes. 

If it was over an hours than I would be looking at a tourer. 

I agree with the colour scheme of blue but that can always be changed at a later date.

Anymore Coments are welcome to help me decide

Ok - just if it were central London none of the bikes would be OK after 2020.

It’s a choice between age or mileage to what has damaged the bike more… looks like the k3 is a good choice though.

If it were me, K5. Looks good, decent can, few extra miles but doesn’t look tatty (yet). Not interested in considering a Honda? I had a similar dilemma a couple of years ago but with a budget of £1500. I was between an SRAD (faster, better handling) or a Blade (bit less speed, but much better build quality). I went with build quality as its a commuter and the bike has been amazing. I had a brand new blade stolen, hence the cheap need. However, lately I’ve been looking at a winter commuter and in the 600 category there are LOADS of good CBRs, which have much better build quality. Might be a good punt if it’s your commuter.

I’m with the K5, looks good, mileage isn’t frightening if you inspect the bike with someone who can spot a healthy engine. If it was 1000cc then I’d say Yamaha :laughing:

If it were me, K5. Looks good, decent can, few extra miles but doesn't look tatty (yet). Not interested in considering a Honda? I had a similar dilemma a couple of years ago but with a budget of £1500. I was between an SRAD (faster, better handling) or a Blade (bit less speed, but much better build quality). I went with build quality as its a commuter and the bike has been amazing. I had a brand new blade stolen, hence the cheap need. However, lately I've been looking at a winter commuter and in the 600 category there are LOADS of good CBRs, which have much better build quality. Might be a good punt if it's your commuter. benedictireland
never looked at CRB until you mentioned and now its opened up another can of worms.....

Oh man even more dilemma…

so results so far

k3 - 2

R6 - 1

K5 - 2

If it were me, K5. Looks good, decent can, few extra miles but doesn't look tatty (yet). Not interested in considering a Honda? I had a similar dilemma a couple of years ago but with a budget of £1500. I was between an SRAD (faster, better handling) or a Blade (bit less speed, but much better build quality). I went with build quality as its a commuter and the bike has been amazing. I had a brand new blade stolen, hence the cheap need. However, lately I've been looking at a winter commuter and in the 600 category there are LOADS of good CBRs, which have much better build quality. Might be a good punt if it's your commuter. benedictireland
never looked at CRB until you mentioned and now its opened up another can of worms.....

Oh man even more dilemma…

so results so far

k3 - 2

R6 - 1

K5 - 2

h-magic

Be carful with the GSXR they eat their regs & generators

make sure it had a mosfett fitted

Thank you for that advice. Will certainly keep an eye out

it worth noting you may need to consider the new emissions zone coming in, in the next few years and get a post 2007 bike if you plan on using in London for commuting

Right lady’s and gents.
Went against everyone’s advice and bought myself a gsxr k5 750.
Needs some tidying up and minor servicing work but got a good base to start of with.

Thank you everyone for all your input.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

very nice. why has it got mismatched wheels though?

Cause the bearing went on the original ones so he put one of his spare ones on. You can see the original wheel in the first picture.

Its at that point I’d have walked away.

Why not just change the bearing?

Exactly that Curtis

:neutral_face: poor h-magic

Buys bike

Shares bike

Proud of bike…

…seeds of doubt planted :see_no_evil:

Enjoy mate… Just don’t wheelie it in case the front falls apart! (I’m sure it’s grand).