Did you lock your bike ?

From the Press of Atlantic City, September 24, 2009.

MILLVILLE - Two rare motorcycles were stolen earlier this week from New Jersey Motorsports Park, police and track officials confirmed Wednesday.

A father and son visiting the track on a club racing day parked their Ducati motorcycles in the garage under a Thunderbolt Suite at about 11 p.m. Monday night. The next morning, they were gone.

Kenny Klepper, 56, of Franklin Lakes, and his 26-year-old son Jeremiah Klepper, of North Port, N.Y., reported the theft to the Millville Police Department on Tuesday morning.

One motorcycle is a 2009 red, white and blue Ducati model 1098R valued at $50,000. The victim told police it is one of only 500 made.

The other, a red, white and blue 2010 Ducati model 848 Hayden replica is one of only 150 made. It is valued at $23,000, the victim told police.

Police said it appeared as though the garage was unlocked during the theft. No suspects have been identified. Track officials have been interviewed and are working with authorities, police said.

Track spokesman Reece White said officials are working with police but it is the position of NJMP not to comment on the incident while it is under investigation.

While the motorcycles are rare, White said it is not uncommon for hundreds of rare and valuable motorcycles to be at the track on club days.

Trust no-one :frowning:

hopefully they will be really hard to get rid of…

i dont suppose they can get that under contents insurance?

Bleedy hell! not another one :w00t: looks like i have to lock and keep my beauty under close supervision for the next couple of days