Did you hear about the office move that side f*cked its employees .....

Okay this is a bit of a rant to which I’m not expecting responses … For me its just about getting the rant off my chest.

My present employer’s offices have a secure basement; housing push-bikes, cars, scooters (spit) and m’cycles. Focusing in on the motorcycles there’s an average number per day of between 20 and 30. All secure and all happy in there nice blankets …

However we’re moving … existing office, no basement, shit location over-looked by questionable residential units with residents you just know make a living from spotting for bike kidnappers !!! 

What car park there is, is being given predominantly to 2no recycling bins, 6no Director car parking, 1 disabled parking bay and secure lock ups for 70 push-bikes.

“And what about m’cycles?” I hear you cry. Well for those 2- to 30 bikers we’re getting … wait for it … 12 spaces …without anchoring … and on a first come first serve basis !!!

“WHAT !??” I hear you cry again …

To say I’m peeved is an understatement.

Do they have a mitigation plan?

but your a Director so fill your boots

& where you moving to

Sounds like ships sinking. Leave now.

If the area is as bad as you describe, then there will be enough space for all the motorbikes very soon. 

Jay … There’s a car park opposite … and its suggested that those that miss out on the parking provided should park there. £12.50 a day, or £1365/quat, or £2730/bi or £5460/ann. Oh … and it can’t be claimed.

Wise … Director by name, but not with pipps. I’m talking about the Chairwoman, CEO, Dep CEO and the Business Unit Directors (3no)

Banman … £1Bn turnover in UK. Not quite sinking … just a French attitude to staff motivation

Nails … cheers for that !!! LOL

Maybe try and argue for space with the pushbikes?

someone is gonna have to wake up very early…

hand in your notice. 

When you took the job, did you make it a condition of your employment or was it agreed that you would have a space for your motorcycle?  If so, they’d still be obliged to provide such.

someone is gonna have to wake up very early... WildBoy
You've got the idea mate ;-)

i always base my jobsearch primarly on bike parking facility.  everything else is relative.  no money buys peace of mind.

otherwise, invest in a shitty scooter.

park it amongst the push bikes

Get 4/6 loops of metal and a large wooden box, place the box in one of the Directors spots and fill it with concrete and somehow sink the loops in it so they stick out wheel height.

One large ground anchor…fcuk em!

Or weld a ground anchor to the side of each of the directors cars - just park next to whichever is nearest the door.

Almax daisychain.

Aceman - when I joined the company (6yrs ago) there was (and continues to be) a basement with available parking space for employees cars, push bikes and motorcycles.

2 years ago, due to the state and growing cost of the rail service, I took up a zero interest loan from the company for the purchase of a m’cycle and gear - and they knew the reason.

I am paid a monthly car (vehicle) allowance.

I claim business mileage.

As such, there is, in my view, very much an implied agreement there.

I have since moved home, further away from public transport - with the knowledge that riding in and parking at work would not affect my commute time or cost.

My Lord … That is the case for the defence

Aceman - when I joined the company (6yrs ago) there was (and continues to be) a basement with available parking space for employees cars, push bikes and motorcycles.

2 years ago, due to the state and growing of the rail service, I took up a zero interest loan from the company for the purchase of a m’cycle and gear - and they knew the reason.

I am paid a monthly car (vehicle) allowance.

I claim business mileage.

As such, there is, in my view, very much an implied agreement there.

I have since moved home, further away from public transport - with the knowledge that riding in and parking at work would not affect my commute time or cost.

My Lord … That is the case for the defence

IanWilliamson
unfortunately no one cares about motorcycle parking in London surf of the water

Canary wharf is £2.70 per day to park bikes securely.!Have you moved to Mayfair out somewhere more poncey!?

Re managing staff and motivation check out Beyond Budgeting.

Won’t help with your posting problem though grrrrr

Where’s the reaction button …?

And as for buy a scooter or get up earlier …

A) my commute is 62 miles down motorway and A roads.

B) I already leave at 0645am, and would have to compete against those that live 6 miles away.

Ç) I also commute to development sites that extend my commute distance - at present one site gives me a semi regular commute of 102 miles. I then have to return to the office … Shortly to find no parking space.