dialling danger..

Even though there’s plenty of evidence that using a hands free phone is only slightly less dangerous than a normal phone ?

eg. - BBC NEWS | Magazine | Is driving with hands-free kit dangerous?

*"An earlier TRL report also concluded drivers using mobile phones, including those with hands-free equipment, were also less able to maintain a constant speed and found it more difficult to keep a safe distance from the car in front.

In the tests at 70mph, the braking distance was 102ft (31m), which increased to 115ft (35m) with alcohol; 128ft (39m) with a hands-free phone and 148ft (45m) with a hand-held mobile."*

If that’s the case they should ban drivers from talking to their passengers:w00t:

Well if it’s a choice between that & some numpty tail-ending my bike 'cos he’s distracted, then it gets my vote ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the main difference with this is that a passenger will adjust their conversation dependent on the conditions, if they can see the driver is concentrating or their body language shows they are not listening then the passenger takes the hint and modifies or stops their conversation, but you can’t do this on the phone as the person on the other end of the phone cannot see that you are trying to concentrate on traffic, it comes down to the person driving to be responsible enough to either tell them or end/not take the call, which sadly too many people don’t do!

I think the main problem these days is that the responsibility attached to driving is often seen as secondary to everything else, too many drivers are so used to their comfortable and safe environments they’ve become insulated to the world outside until they hit something, which is to damn late!!

i like taken wing mirrors off to. but ive lost count though but my favorite trick is to rev the nuts out of the bike wen parked nxt to their open windows scares the sh!t out of em and then if they give it large then take their mirrors off lmao havnt done it l8ly though as the gilera isn`t that quick to get away hehe

Not only don’t people on phones adapt to the driver’s body language etc, but phones do not carry anywhere near as much audio info as the human voice - hands free even less so due to background noise etc. That means the driver’s brain has to use far more processing power to carry out the conversation than is the case when talking to a passenger.