Diablo Corsa III or Pilot Power 2CT for fast road riding?

Ok, so just to throw a spanner in the works…

Most people are recomending the Diablo Corsa III’s. Is there much difference between these and normal Diablos?

If not, I might aswell just buy a new front…

Standard Diabolos seemed to do me fine in the wet :)but I have the 2CT on the front of the thundercat, and always got amazing grip from it.

So what would you say has a more lean angle between the 2cts and the DC3s? After my off in March my confidence has been shaken a tad, and whilst I’m not blaming my bridgestones for giving out on me, I want to get a tyre that could be more fogiving whilst I learn to lean it properly and smoothly.

I’m in agreement with you here. I’ve used nothing that warms up as quick as vipers. you can feel the difference no doubt.

Anybody know what these Diablo Rosso’s are all about?

Are they a replacement for the Diablo3 or an addition to the range?

There a replacement for the standard Diablo ChunkyM

So they are not as “sporty and sticky” as Diablo Corsa 3’s then?

bump

Diablo Corsa III ARE THE BEST

sorry mate, missed this post. there isn’t really an answer to that question tho. most tyres will lean to pretty extreme angles, but will only grip best if they’re hot enough, at the right pressures, and steering/throttle/brake inputs are working with that grip rather than against it.both tyres will be more than suitable for your riding (last time out on raised stubby rearsets i was scraping my knee and my toes at times on the 2CTs for instance). its more a question of learning to work with the bike to maximise grip. learning where to put your body and using your knee to guage lean accurately

Basically I can’t go wrong with either make then? The DC3s are cheaper and I want to replace my current Dunlops on my new bike ASAP. They’re horrible.

haha depends what you mean by ‘cant go wrong’ :wink:

how much cheaper are they?

‘Can’t go wrong’ as in if I don’t ride like an absolute tool or beyond my own ability I will likely be happy with either tyre :DThey’re about £20-£40 cheaper depending on some of the places in the area.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Ive actually just bought a new bike and it has Dunlop 207RR’s fitted. Funny, but the bike (RSV1000) seems to handle better on these then my CBR did on Diablos. Cant wait to get some Corsa III’s on! :smiley:

Cant understand why you are “aggresive” with the throttle especially when you have crashed before for the same reason and as you say its your 5th trackday!!Smoothness is the key word,keep it all together smooth and you are half way there!!Also to say you are to hard on the bike and the tyres makes you out to be summat special,it takes special/skilled people to push modern litre bikes to the limits!!!

Anyway…tyres 2cts for me.

2cts for the win… :smiley: In my experience, I found standard Diablos span up waaay too much on my R1. Switched to the predecessor tyre to the Corsa 3 on the rear and ran the standard Diablo front and the bike felt much better. Ran this combo at Cadwell for a day and went well.

Switched to 2cts and haven’t looked back…Brilliant tyre.

2strokes if you believe the Avons work well for you, then run them. As many have alluded to, tyre choice is very subjective. A rider’s confidence in a tyre is more related to psychology than the technical specification of the hoops IMO.

get an AVON VIPER get one get one get one they are awesome!!!

2ct front corsa III rear…

it takes special/skilled people to push litre bikes to the limits and stay on…I push them to the limits and come off…thats the real issue…on the lap I came off I was decking the pegs on the R1…in other words I was as far over as the bike can likely go…I was still trying to get the power down, and I was not putting my knee down…bad style…as I was told…too much aggression with the throttle…I guess I need to get my butt off the seat and keep the bike more upright…got loads to learn on track…

fair play, thats a decent saving. they should be more than capable of doing what you need them too. having said that, saving 20quid wouldn’t get me to switch from my 2cts ;)just bear in mind its always a case of riding within/to the tyres limits. smooth and progressive changes are key (that progression can be fairly rapid but aggressive inputs to the bike will get you spat off in a hurry).