Daylight robbery

Got this email from a work colleague

This happened to my friend also, yesterday at the cashpoint inside Liverpool St Station!

Just as a quick warning to you - I just got assaulted at an HSBC cashpoint in Hanover Sq at lunchtime (broad daylight, with a queue behind me) and £200 was taken from my account. Turns out there’s a gang of very smart Romanians (in my case it was 2 guys and a girl) who are posing as free-newspaper-giver-outers - they waited until i’d keyed in my pin and hit the ‘Get Cash’ option before coming up from both sides, jostling me and thrusting their newspapers at me and trying to persuade me to take one.
Behind the papers, the guy on my left hit the £200 button and the girl on the right grabbed the cash - they were so fast that no one in the queue even saw them take it, and just assumed they were harrassing me to take a paper (my card got returned to me out of the machine). It was only when I went into the bank to tell them there were people harrassing cashpoint users and to double check they hadn’t taken any cash that we realised. Went to the police and it turns out they’ve been targeting women around Mayfair and Goodge St and elsewhere around Oxford Circus with a huge number of incidents in the past couple of weeks - all in broad daylight and in very open places, and always taking £200. The advice is to use cash machines inside banks or get cashback if you’re in these areas.

Oh no, Now they turn into Romanians, insulting isn’t?

Maybe his friend can speak romanian. Who knows?

Thanks for the heads-up mate. I’ve never been too fond of getting cash out on the street, it doesn’t feel right, you’d be hard pressed to defend yourself if it came to it.

Or perhaps the police told him when he reported it as they did when I had my cash card cloned and over a grand taken from my account.

Chill people, Afros’s work colleague said they were Romanian

Then again some people band certains regions in the same way

Anyone who comes close to me whilst at a cash point gets a sharp elbow (then again the sight of me wearing a scowl and a filthy parka usually makes me look like a homeless person so they do not approach me)

Do what i do have all your money in a saver account - and when you need money transfer it (instant transfer if both accounts with one bank) and no-one can access your money!!

having all your eggs in one basket (so to speak) is asking for trouble!!

But they should be left in a locked room with all the people they’ve robbed!

Yeah, I actually received this information 3rd hand…I wasn’t the one that got mugged.

Do as I do, if anyone gets too close (not matter who they are or where they are from) when you are at the cash point…Challenge them and be prepared to smack them one if it comes to it.

And the threat from those people is still ongoing. The police renewed the warning about these people today.

There are similar deception thefts going on at Canary Wharf where thieves with Eastern European appearance (CWML says Albanian) distract their victims with items like newspapers waved into their faces, thus shielding the view from possessions left on tables. That way they nick your mobile phone and wallet, while you’re having a coffee in a café.

Yes, the newspapers/bla bla distraction trick was being used by Kosovan/Romanian gangs, often using kids, to nick mobiles from pub tables in Hammersmith last year.

not to sound like a prat but last time i checked you have to take your card out before it gives you cash? no? how did he take his card in after and still miss his cash?

Yeah, I’m fairly sure my Barclays cashpoints ask me to take my card before any cash is dispensed…

The old ‘hold a map in someone’s face, asking questions while nicking their mobile on the table’ is quite an old one mind you.

Also watch out for this as well!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=36a_1176267145

Someone I used to work with got done by a skimmer, lost £200, never to get it back.

The old pound down trick still going then…slightly updated!

Drei, would you care to share with us your country of origin - I believe you’re not a native Brit so would you class yourself among these “little ****ers … that have no jobs no education and nothing to enrich and give to the UK”?

No, I thought not!

Rather too many generalisations in that one for many to take seriously.

Drei, would you care to share with us your country of origin - I believe you’re not a native Brit so would you class yourself among these “little ****ers … that have no jobs no education and nothing to enrich and give to the UK”?

No, I thought not!

No, I thought not!

No, I thought not!

this happend to my girl friend last week in south london.

she was getting money out when some guy taps her on the shoulder and says hey you droped this 20 pound note. he was holding it out to her then some other guy was coming in and pressing buttons on the cash point.

they didnt get anything.

coz shes got no money in the bank!!!

Why you repeat yourself three times?

BTW. to your concern, Drei is Romanian, and kind and honest person I believe. I never have pleasure to meet

him personally.