Darwin award entry

Going into my Sainsbury’s I see a young adult (probably anywhere 16-19) coming in from the exit lane on a skateboard.

Keep an eye on him as he comes to my side and then caught a glimpse at the rear. As I’m going over the speed bump I hear a noise from the back from around the back and, thinking I may have ran him over, break sharpishly!

I immediately here another thud and see him in my back windscreen… Glued to the back of my car

I jump out of car and see him walking away and I ask him why he was so close… Turns out the first noise was him grabbing onto the car for me to “give him a lift” ( and that is a quote)

He’s been watching too much back to the future

That’s hilarious!!

Bet you wish you had one of those front & rear dash cams now!

A film of him sliding down the rear window would be youtube gold!

he should offer to wash your car

Whilst it is hilarious now…at the time I was quite shaken.

Regardless of his stupidity, the thought of causing someone injury does freak me out a bit

We used to this all the time back when rollerskates had four wheels…
In Glasgow its called a hudgie.
‘I’m gonnae hudgie that icey’… means i plan to skate behind that ice cream van an hold on to the bumper for a tow.

We used to this all the time back when rollerskates had four wheels.. In Glasgow its called a hudgie. 'I'm gonnae hudgie that icey'... means i plan to skate behind that ice cream van an hold on to the bumper for a tow. yourebarred
I would never admit that I may or may not have done that on Oxford Street and busses....

Ouch!  It’s called “skitching” and it’s defined in section 25 Road Traffic Act, as holding or getting on to a vehicle or trailer in order to be towed or carried.

It’s not big and it’s not clever, but 35mph on rollerblades feels really fast. Apparently you can get points on your licence if caught doing it. Also the vibrations through your ankles when you go over a manhole at that speed are horrendous.

used to do it on the old open back double deckers in town.  Nearly pulled my arm out its socket once.