Cyclists dress like police to slow drivers

:laugh: overtake up on one:D
:laugh:

They won’t affect me but there is a minority of cyclists who are militant pricks who think cyclists have the moral superiority on the road.

It’s this sort of prig who will buy these and then slowly assume that they ARE the unofficial ‘Police who stand up for cyclists rights’

Next thing you know they’ll be lecturing drivers and any biker who strays into the cycle only box junctions at lights…the power of the uniform you see.

Take the piss out of them at every opportunity…:smiley:

I’ve seen them and its doesnt bother me in the least.

Theres a new one out there too dont know exactly what it says. heres the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdnsBKKgh8g&list=UUQc_RlMYwe_9NgAlxFbmtWA&index=5

That is so true. Anyway, it will be easy enough to spot the difference as all or most police bikes are white mountain bikes, not a green brompton or road bike :slight_smile:

R

It’ll only be effective (if it is indeed effective at all) as long as it’s a bit of a novelty, and very few wear them, soon as they are popular they will get ignored just as much as any Hi viz does now.

They’d be better off getting one of these…

Fits 95% of bikes… on 0% of bikes

Well once they’re bored of dressing like policemen maybe they’ll find some other way of getting noticed.

Then at least they can justify their expenses claims…on anti-chafing cream

I don’t think they’re intended to catch out observant motorists who are carefully observing their fellow road users, they’re for Mr BMW driver who might catch it out of the corner of his eye in between eating his big mac, talking on his phone and fiddling with the sat nav. Hopefully jolting him out of his daydream for a few seconds so he starts paying attention.

The way I see it, if it makes drivers (or riders, or whatever) think they’re being watched and therefore stop acting like ignorant d!cks, it has to be a good thing.

Wonder if you could have something like:

I am not the
POLICE
The first part written in writing only readable from 6 foot or so and the rest designed just like a police HiVis.

The Police Commander must have been misquoted or he’s daft and doesn’t know how his words are being used.

Section 90 of the Police Act 1996 states;

(3) Any person who, not being a member of a police force orspecial constable, has in his possession any article of police uniform shall,unless he proves that he obtained possession of that article lawfully and haspossession of it for a lawful purpose, be guilty of an offence and liable onsummary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 1 on the standard scale.

(4)In this section—

(a)“article of police uniform” means any article of uniform or any distinctivebadge or mark or document of identification usually issued to members of policeforces or special constables, or anything having the appearance of such anarticle, badge, mark or document

CPS would never prosecute this for the cyclist clothing we’ve seen examples of on here.
Anything saying “Police” probably would get reported.