Cycling 17 miles?

Looking at the cheapest way, so far my choice would be to get the Train only ticket from Romford to Stratford for £22 a week and I could cycle the rest of the way. That would be only 5 miles each way so 10 miles together and quite straight down on the A11 Bow/Mile End Road.

Even if I get Romford to Liverpool Street that’s £37 and I need to walk almost 2 miles to London Bridge, paying £47 for full 1-6 screw that… so I think the Romford to Stratford then cycling for 5 miles is probably best way.

I could probably try the whole lengh by tnext year during spring-autum season if the weather is not bad. I should be in better shape. Maybe start slowly cutting my ticket by a few miles.

Check with your train service first, some don’t allow bikes on them during the rush hour. If so, you could always get one of those very fetching fold up bikes ?!

Get an electric bike for that milage. depends on your age/fitness as well.

you said you want a ktm m8:D

Damn Dhofty, those are NICE!!! I want one!

Well, just remember winter is coming up, and I can’t imagine riding through the winter on a bicycle… Someone with some experience tell me I’m being silly please, as I’d love to get a push bike right now.

Get yourself some decent goretex gear and some winter tights and you’ll be toastie… you can wear a lot lighter gear than on your moto, as your body temp will be way higher to begin with due to the heat energy produced…

Attachments

Altura-Attack-Extreme---Black.JPG

316iGPKE+dL-AA280.jpg

gore-bikewear-vista-tights.jpg

http://www.ktm-bikes.at/

i’ve not seen one up close yet but for the money i bet you can get better from most shops:)

oh well if we’re comparing bike pr0n then nothing’ll get you there faster than one of these

WOW that looks coooooooooool but cant be that fast with no pedals:D

Haha, he beat me to it :slight_smile:

It’s mighty nice though!

lol with the money on that I could probably get msyelf a decent commuter motorbike:) - the fitness:(

Had a look at the train rules about bike couldn’t find any against… I would probably just put it up standing:) to free up more space.

Used to commute 18 miles in and 18 miles back. Averaged 16 to 18mph. I race bicycles but easy enough to ride that distance for anyone with reasonable fitness, you’ll get better and better at it to.

Take care though as some people seem to treat cyclists as a target, they don’t realise too that not all cyclists jump the lights.

Good luck with it.

I spent a year of uni riding 12 miles each way on my singlespeed (it did get gears at some point, but I think that was afterwards).

For the first four to five weeks I was entirely non-functional at the weekend or in the evenings, but then it really quickly got quite bearable. I aimed to average 13mph each day, 11-12 was probably more common. This was Hendon to Mile End over Highgate on this with 44:13.

I then moved substantially closer to uni and got fat.