Crashed :(

Glad to hear its not any worse. Good luck with the Insurance though, they will try to pay you nothing if possible :frowning:

Thanks guys.
Went to the walkin clinic. The nurse confirmed they’re just bruises and muscle pain and gave me some pain killers. If it’s not better by Wednesday I’ll see the GP. I know I could probably claim personal injury, but I don’t like the suing culture. If I was/will be unable to work or something I would/will claim. At the end of the day, the idiot is the driver of the car, he’s not going the get better or worse of if I claim. Unfortunately, we’ll all be paying for it through our insurance premiums. All I want is a fair settlement so that my scoot is back on the road as it was before, a new lid (unfortunately it was only a month old), jacket and trousers (those Dragging jeans did a good job tbh).
Went to the police office too. My first time in Lewisham police office. That was a bit an experience. I feel for the people who work there.
Now that all the boring stuff is out the way, I can concentrate on having a good time tonight.

I always try to see the positive side of those things. It could have been a lot worse. I could have spend NY eve in hospital, or worse …

Happy NY to all of you!

I really should come down to one of the meets some time …

fair play to ya

hope it get sorted soon…

Be prepared for a long haul. I got knocked off 18 months ago and it still isn’t sorted. Be prepared for the shock of the other party’s statement too. He’ll make you out to be the worst criminal in existence just to save a few pennies on a claim, or just for the hell of it to draw the whole thing out.

Hahaha…thats a joke! :w00t:

Hope you are feeling a little better, and think of it this way - the bike can be replaced but your life cannot! :slight_smile:

Carol Nash don’t have a legal team…they outsource it to a ‘No win, no fee’ company, and personally I am in the middle of a claim that started in May 2006 and is still not complete.

The case of mine was a bloke in a car drove out of a side turning and wiped me out when I had right of way…simple as that!

My advice would be to forget about them and go to Rider Support Services (RSS) who seem to be right on the ball!

Good luck!

yes the car drivers statement will read,

you were driving too fast, swerving around cars in a dangerous manner, and you were driving too fast he could not see you and he pulled out when you were not there but you were driving so fast that he had to hit you because you were driving so fast he didnt see you but you hit him because you were driving so fast…

get the drift…dont expect honour and integrity with an insurance claim…

So sorry to hear about your crap end to 2007, hope it all gets sort quickly and at least things can only go up for 2008.

Have a Happy New Year

Thankfully not everyone on the road is totally dishonest. The young girl who pulled out from a side junction fessed up 100%. Despite that it still took six months for the insurance company to pay out. My quote for the repair was £1800 (write off), my insurance company accepted that. Third party insurance said £1550 and the indepentant said £2200. And there was muching bitching and arguing. They settled with a payout of £2200. The personal injury took another six months and was double.

I would support that, have heard extremely good things about them and will use them if it ever happens again. (Crossed fingers and toes, and there for the grace of a idiot on four wheels go I).

Sorry to hear about the knock off…Hope the insurance payout doesn’t take too long.

Aaaaargg. I’m sure this is going to be a long process.
I just got a phonecall from the chap’s “partner” (not sure why he didn’t ring himself). She was asking for my insurance details. I asked her what she needed. She iterated again “your insurance details”, so I asked again which details she needed. Then she explained that because “I was in the fault”, she needed to go through my insurance company.
She claimed that the car was completely turned into the road already and therefor I hit the car in the rear, therefor it was my fault. The reality is that I hit the car in the rear corner because I tried to swerve behind it, so the scoot must have been on the road surface by the time I hit the car (damage to the side/rear bumper on the car only apparently). She kept repeating that it was a yellow box junction as if that matters. Then she said there were 55ft of skidmarks. I don’t know if that’s true, and I don’t even know what that means. I know I wasn’t going faster than 30mph. But the thing that angers me most is that she said she had 2 witnesses. There was only one witness, and I spoke to him earlier, he said there wasn’t really anybody else around and supports my view that the car just pulled out in front of me. So it sounds like they’re making up witnesses. That just really p***es me of big time.

It looks like this one could go on for a while … :frowning:

I tried to resolove my accident on my own, spoke to the council and outlined my losses etc, bike damage, clothing etc but they lied, gave me the run around and were obviously playing a game and had no intention of paying out, so I handed it over to solitcitors.

Smells bad man, smells bad. Get yourself a decent legal team (see posts above) and fight it, as mentioned before the everyone thinks they are right, but you need to make a stand.

We are behind you mate, good luck with it.

i agree with the above posts, talk to solicitor asap.i’m sure everyone has different experiences using solicitor but i can recommend white dalton, http://www.whitedalton.co.uk/ after i car knocked me off my motorbike a few years ago.

good luck.

That’s who I’m using, seem very good so far, not taking their time anyway, it’s all being pushed along quite briskly.

I just got a phonecall from the chap’s “partner”

I had a similar phone-call years ago when someone pulled out on me.

You must tell your Insurance Company that she’s telephoned. You are being harrassed.

They should deal with it, not you.

The solicitors got in touch today.
They’re called Shoosmiths.
Anybody used them?

You are free to choose your solicitors. RSS or White Dalton (both above) may be better.

But I have the Carol Nash Legal option, doesn’t that tie you in with the solicitor they choose?

They are a well known firm, Oli or Sincere should be able to confirm how good. Do not take any more calls from the drivers “partner”, if they call refer them to your solicitor or insurer that way everything is on record. This chap sounds very dodgy so keep your wits about you. You may not have any experience in dealing with issues like this but look at it this way, if it looks or sounds dodgy then it is.

Good luck with your claim and make sure you keep a proper timeline of EVERYTHING that is happening i.e. Solicitor call you then note the date, time and who you spoke to and detail of the conversation. This is to prevent anyone later saying that they didnt speak to you or saying that no one called you. This is vital in a case like this. I would also make sure that the solicitor has spoken to your witness and got their story down ASAP.

Good idea about the timeline. Just started a document now.

BTW, londondrz, where abouts are you? Could it be I see you sometimes on Lewisham Way. More specifically doing a huge wheely along a lane of traffic? :wink:
I love that bike. If I only had a safe space to keep one …