Continental rideout to avoid the olympics. 27.7.12

A rideout in several parts.

Details to follow, some clues to go on with.

:slight_smile:

Brilliant idea, Yes please :slight_smile:

Not for the faint hearted, this ride will include the inaugural LB Lisbon/Prague 36 hr run. A chance to see Spain, the Pyrenees, France, the Alps and eastern Europe in a flash.:smiley:

Not for the faint hearted, this ride will include the inaugural LB Lisbon/Prague 36 hr run. A chance to see Spain, the Pyrenees, France, the Alps and eastern Europe in a flash.:smiley:

Mrs j will fly this leg in order to be sitting in the square in Prague with a beer and a stopwatch. last one in pays for the bar tab.:stuck_out_tongue:

I could be well up for this. Just worried the Somalian gymnast team might break into my house while i’m away.

A tad over 6000 miles for those who take up the full cream option.:Wow:

whoops was wrong… or was I? I’m confused with the last picture… I should know it, shouldn’t I?

but this is definitely a goal for next year… need to buy a bike for it though! :smiley:

duration?

Well it`s around 6000 miles but the Lisbon to Prague section of 1750 miles has a 36 Hr time limit or you buy all the beers.

About two weeks unless the olympics last longer.:hehe:

Apparently they finish on the 12th Aug so that gives time for a beach, a rub down and a puncture.

When do you think you will be in the last photo…? Might meet you there :wink:

~800 quid’s worth of fuel (at today’s prices) and a set of tyres in 2 weeks - a dear holiday! Will have to see if we win the lottery before then :smiley:

9 th or 10th in my running kit reliving my marathon of 1989.:satisfied:

Sounds like a good time to be there… you might need to wear that running kit on the bike as it will be boiling!!

If I manage to organise myself to be there, I’ll happily give you the guide tourists don’t get! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Always Mr glass half empty, but imagine you won the Inagural Lisbon Prague leg, free beer for you and Cindy.:Wow:

I was thinking about doing a big one next year, this has certainly got my attention, just been looking at the logistics of it and i must admit i’m smiling at just the thought:)

Love to have you along, to be fair it`s just along bimble apart from the highly competitive run from Lisbon to Prague.

The rules, leave Lisbon under the statue of Henry the navigator around 6.00am, ride 1750 miles to Prague for a beer in the square the following evening.

Im fairly tempted…seems as though Im right in the middle of the Olympic traffic routes…

Interesting. :smiley:

Whats the route I estimate London/Lisbon/Prague/London. 3800 Miles :slight_smile:

All hotels pre-booked??? No camping??? I’m in:)