COMPUTER GEEK NEEDED!!!!!

Wrong, wrong!! Buy a mac

If you havn’t got around to fixing it yet:

How to use the Recovery Console
You can enable and disable services, format drives, read and write data on a local drive (including drives that are formatted to use the NTFS file system), and perform many other administrative tasks. The Recovery Console is particularly useful if you have to repair your computer by copying a file from a disk or CD-ROM to your hard disk, or if you have to reconfigure a service that is preventing your computer from starting correctly.

To run the Recovery Console

1. Insert the cd into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

1. When the “Welcome to Setup” screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
  2. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
  3. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
  4. At the command prompt, type the appropriate commands to diagnose and repair your Windows XP installation.

E.G:

C:\CHKDSK

For a list of commands that are available in Recovery Console, type recovery console commands or help at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

For information about a specific command, type help commandname at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

hmm i get to theblack screen and it says…

“which windows installation would u like to log onto?” to cancel press enter…

LOG ONTO THE WINDOWS YOU’RE CURRENTLY USING WHICH I GUESS IS WINDOWS xp (??)

1 and press enter

then do what others write in here

okay,…it then syas…

E:\MININT>

WHAT DO I WRITE THERE?

err… I’m pretty sure MINIT would refer to the recovery partition probably.

Do this: restart p.c with the cd still in the drive and choose the other option instead - the one that mentions ‘Recovery console’

erm…ok

that one is the recovery console?

PM Sent Mate.

Was the E: where you normally saved everything - e.g the hard disk drive?

Try typing C:\CHKDSK.

I wish I could be more helpful but I’m no p.c techie esp when it comes to p.c’s with their own recovery partitions. Everything I know is self taught.

Look at these links aswell:

http://support.thetechguys.com/layout.aspx?ID={b4d5f239-78d9-4bd8-8e7a-2de1983b4d7d}&CatID={422dd1fe-80c5-40d5-8472-9afec209b1a1}

http://support.thetechguys.com/layout.aspx?ID={11ca2fb6-e807-4279-b1fb-ce2cc4e5cb79}&CatID={422dd1fe-80c5-40d5-8472-9afec209b1a1}

and MOST USEFUL ONE HERE

http://support.thetechguys.com/layout.aspx?ID={4869613c-a6a5-4f2e-b599-bec391cbdad8}&CatID={b2be6beb-6c5d-4ec1-8590-2133ac2f24a6}

omg, i think its working!!!

YES!!! IT HAS WORKED!!! thankyoua ll of you, when im next uo borough ill buy u lot drinks and sausags!!!

thankyou all of you