Compliment or not?

I had a nice ride in the morning, filtering smoothly and getting past a few bikes. A courier pulls up next to me at the lights that had just gone red. We start chatting about the nice weather, dry roads and what not. He then asks me if I’m a courier?? Nope, just a commuter say me and nails it as the lights to green to continue on my happy way ahead of a pack of snarling motorcycles!

I thought the same thing a couple of weeks ago when my boss was introducing a new starter around the office. When she got to me she said, “This is Mick, 90% of what he says is absolute bollox, but you ignore the other 10% at your peril.”

Still trying to figure that one out!

It means that 10% of the time you either get lucky, or get it so wrong its dangerous