Commercial Road : bikes down...

The guy who took me out made a mistake, it has screwed my life and my families life up but hey, he made a mistake so it’s OK.

I never said it was ok… but to me it would make no difference if he got a custodial sentence or simply banned from driving.

I’ve never seen prison’s point as punishment but hey that’s just me.

Edit: I am referring to an honest mistake that anyone can make. Ultimately we all know the risks on the roads and we accept them every time we set out.

There are different degrees of mistake, and of course the really serious ones - I mean the life threatening ones - should be penalised to make the culprits, and others, take better care in future.

Otherwise more people will be less inclined to take care when driving cars, captaining cruise liners, flying helicopters over cities, etc etc.

Yep, there seems to a an arrogant self centred selfishness that is becoming more and more common in society, of I’m more important than you and therefore I can do this and if you get in the way then screw you.

The result of this is two people have been very badly hurt, because someone was rushing to the hospital. It is not like there presence would help the situation is it?

It’s an immotive subject but the way things panned out three people ended up in hospital at the end of the day.