Cleaning the bike...

After getting it caked in the last couple of weeks with muck and road salt…anyone any idea how to get this crap off?

Attachments

Snow foam and a brush
I’ve just cleaned mine after four weeks of crap

Hope I’m not stealing the thread but what’s a good way to clean headers? Mine are all oxidised and dirty, not nice ‘n’ shiny as they used to be.

Used to clean it using wd40 and then use autosol metal polish

Snow foam…I’ll have a look at that!
Ta

+1 for auto Sol and a shit load of elbow grease

… then coat it with ACF50 and leave it until spring.

There titaum so don’t try to polish them I just cleaned the GSXR headers with a scotch bright pad and sprayed them with a silicon spray after

That autosol stuff looks most suitable.
I have scrubbed it but it looks like the salt has really dug in!

Scotch bright pad will buff off the crap

Will give that a go too

Hope I'm not stealing the thread but what's a good way to clean headers? Mine are all oxidised and dirty, not nice 'n' shiny as they used to be.
Cypher
Been recommended pickling paste for stainless headers, but not actually tried myself.

SDoc100 and a pressure wash have been my preferred weapons of choice for descuzzing the bike for a couple of years now and seems to work really well with minimum effort on my part. And not riding in the crappy weather also works quite well for keeping the bike clean!

From Stainless pipes, look at Optiglanz.  Pretty serious chemical, but very very good.

I am a big fan of SDoc100. It’s far better than anything else I’ve tried, and it doesn’t matter if you leave it on for long periods, such as lunch.

I use a hand pump water sprayer as it doesn’t damage the bike, as can happen with a high pressure sprayer or jet sprayer.

As soon as you arrive home, chuck a bucket of soapy water over your bike.

This is the sprayer that I use.  £12.99 from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DJ8GB3U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Attachments

This is the sprayer that I use.  £12.99 from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DJ8GB3U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
Aceman
This might be ideal for me since I don't have the tap connections anywhere near the bike! Thanks for the link. Is the pressure 'blasty' enough to get crud off effectively?

No.  Yet that is the advantage to it, that it isn’t so powerful, that you may blow the grease out from bearings or linkages.  I used it to clean the Terrible Triumph, which you can see at www.aceman.uk when it had over 22,000 miles on it.

I’ve hear Wonder Wheels is the same gear for half the price, but may be wrong