claimed my biggest scalp yet...

honda hornet 600cc, light performance modifications vs…

a caterham!

lol! he was trying too. little spin off the lights, he wasn’t happy when i looked in my mirrors! :hehe:

He was probably still running it in:D Wouldnt bother me at all if I was driving that and a bike was quicker off the mark…its a car and quite possibly had a K series Rover 1.4 engine in it.:wink:

it’s not just a car, it’s a caterham! and it def didn’t have a rover 1.4 engine in it!

but i get your point :wink: now shut up and let me enjoy my brief moment of glory :stuck_out_tongue:

I had one of those but mine was an original Lotus.

Wait for the corners…

Those are proper quick cars. I had a play with one too and managed to dispatch it, even with corners… :smiley:

I did an audi r8 off the lights on my SV. then a few moments after he came flying past me at about 80mph, felt good though, and his car sounded great

I wouldn’t mind losing to a Caterham. It’s a bike, just with four wheels. And you know the person driving it is a gearhead. :slight_smile:

It’s the same reason I don’t mind when boy-racers fancy a go - they might be in a stupid-looking car, but at least they give something of a sod about their machine. They just want to see how it’ll compare to a bike…

I claimed a v6 clio the other day the one wiith the engine in the back, had a quite chuckle in my lid about that.

s’about the best I’ve done so far, fiesta and focus ST’s are common as potholes round here, getting a bit boring now.

i have few scalps…

Lambo-god knows what model…

Aston Martin Vantage ST…

Mitsi Evo’s and the usual Impretzers…

if you can get a lead on them you can lose em in the corners, tho cars will always be able to corner harder than a bike…all depends on situation, smoking from the lights…bike everytime!

PJ and Chenster have a good story involving an Audi R8…

[quote]
Ratty46 (03/05/2009)

i have few scalps…

Lambo-god knows what model…

Aston Martin Vantage ST…

Mitsi Evo’s and the usual Impretzers…

if you can get a lead on them you can lose em in the corners, tho cars will always be able to corner harder than a bike…all depends on situation, smoking from the lights…bike everytime!

Ratty you cant include filtering :smiley:

pmsl!:smiley:

God I wish I had a fast Caterham:cool: About 300yrs ago a fella in a 911 Turbo SE and I had a go off the lights, obviously my CBR6 left him for dead. The fella in the 911 turned out to be a very well known boxing champ from Ilford!:cool: He was very gracious in his defeat:)

Never been beaten away from the lights by a car - it’s not much of a challenge :slight_smile:

Beating other bikes is much more fun - recently had an 08 R6 and an 08ZX10 pull up next to me ('99 ZX9), and they tried… but they were weekend warrior types who just don’t ride enough :wink:

I did the R6 while I was on the back wheel and as soon as I got the front down and hooked second the ZX10 was history too :slight_smile:

The only person who ever challenged me on the lights was a grumpy grandad in a beat up Renault Espaz…

Needless to say my little 125 left him standing :smiley:

Well done squire, as we Hornet riders with heavy wrists know, scalps come quite easy to us, fast cars, Sportsbikes…

Sigh – threads like this make me miss my K5 1000. That was perfect supercar bait material. In the four years I had it, nothing beat it. Wouldn’t mind a 'Busa for baiting. Superleggra-Busa??? :slight_smile:

Hey that’s good. The latest (or nearly latest) Performance Berks mag has exactly the same playoff, bike vs Caterham. Bike won, natch, and they spun the Caterham on a roundabout. It must be true, I read it in my barber’s on Friday. Somethng for the weekend, sir?

I was toying with the idea of buying a cage, mebbe one of those Aerial Atoms @ 25k or so second hand. Or maybe not :slight_smile:

indeed sir :wink: and a heavy wrist is the cheapest mod available huh?

7wheel, after driving my girlfriend’s capri for the past few years i’ve decide that buying a car is acceptable. as long as it’s rear wheel drive :cool:

Atoms are wicked :smiley:

Or… just fit a rollcage to the trike :smiley:

When I had my 660SMC on the road, I used to go hunting for milk floats.

Some of them used to put up a real fight. Electric motors produce very ggod low down torque. I did learn to go out early, and to look for lights where there was a bend coming up. If they still have a lot of milk on the back, they have to slow down a lot for the bend - and then you pounce! :w00t:

These days, I use the same tactics when dealing with GSXR1000s on track.