City of London Police and Bike Theft

thats what I thought I dont think you could have got better prints, they were almost perfect.

Can we not organise something to campaign for motorbike lock bars everywhere ther is parking? I notice what seems to me many more bicycle bays have somewhere to lock up. Will we get ticketed if we ride onto a pavement and lock up a motorbike to one of these cycle posts if there’s room?

Maybe we should be campaigning to allow us to lock motorbikes on pavemnts onto lampposts!

pah… whats the f****** point…

Be lucky.

I’m up for lobbying for bars to lock to, especially since i’ve been ticketed for getting on the pavement before.

This will, no doubt, lead to the borough in question to start charging for parking, which is exactly the excuse Westminster Council did.

Yes, as irrespective of what your tax disc says, your vehicle is classed as a motor vehicle, so is not allowed to park in the pavement. Not exactly fair on the cyclists that bikers take up the little space they have to secure their, much more frequently stolen, bikes.

Never going to happen, as bikes would cause too big an obstruction; just think of a Harley being parked on a sidestand at an improbable angle, no pedestrian would be able to pass, let alone one in a wheelchair (although, they wouldn’t, strictly speaking, be pedestrian.)

Use a proper chain, and join the Lock it to me scheme.

http://www.lock2lock.co.uk/

isnt London the only city thats its illegal to park motorbikes on the pavement ?

Its amazing how all the other european cities manage to live with them…maybe their pedestrians are not as fat and their wheel chairs are stremlined

It’s only London that has it that way by default. Other places decide per circumstance I believe.

CPS? How dare you!! There’s no need to be offensive :Whistling:

you missed out the sarcasm at the end there pal…

I believe there’s actually some form of statutory obligation placed upon a local authority to provide such facilities in the name of crime prevention… in fact if I recall meeting those costs was part of Westminster’s argument for charging…

interesting post. I think there are several issues as such.

As all of us on LB are ace members of the public, great at our jobs and always give 100% we all understand that not everyone is as effecient as us.;):wink:

This includes the police, some officers are excellent, understanding and level headed. Others are complete W*****ers.

But this is the same in all walks of life, but unfortunatley if you do come across a lazy, rude or generally usless police officer your either going to cop it for speeding or similar or you need them to help you out and they appear to be useless. This angers you and of course you tell your mates and hence why the police, a little unfairly, get a bad rap.

Then there is the councils, but again its a little our own fault. There is as i have posted on here twice now lots of FREE SECURE parking in westminsiter, the car park i park in literally had 30-40 EMPTY bike spaces a day. Now these guys look at results and if across the borough the is 300-400 empty free spaces why would free up more or offer more security, if the spaces avialble are not being used??

The one thing that is wrong and SERIOUSLY NEEDS CHANGING is the slap on the wrist for getting caught, people commit crimes cos they are aware they will get a slap on the wrist and planned crime is all about risk reward, and the bottom line is thanks to too many doo gooders noone get punished hard enough. If you got your hands cut off for stealing from tomorrow those crime rates would dissapear. Look at dubai, you could leave your keys in it and noone would touch it.

Bring back hanging!

You know what? Wont ever happen.

Almax em down or lose em. Or how about some baitin’ and beatin’…?