Chelsea Bridge on Saturday Morning - the 5th?

The burger van on Chelsea Bridge is LOVELY. The fact that its continued existence pisses off the residents of the multi-million-£ new flats makes it all the sweeter, IMO :wink:

Choprocker I totally understand your sentiments here, I was gutted when it was shut down and especially the manner/reason it was shut down. However I do believe it was the southern end’s council responsible - all the aggro and indeed the actual meeting points were all on the south side.

This is the northern end’s council behind this which is why I took issue with your initial post plus making friends with our local councils is more productive than calling them w@nkers lol.

Now I’m gonna also suggest, somewhat cheekily, that it would be a good point to put to any council representatives present on Saturday, while chomping on a bacon buttie.

I’ll go even further and ask that anyone who does go (I’m working Saturdays at the moment) might also scope the venue out for possible new LB meeting place. Wouldn’t it be something if we could bring a bike meet back to Chelsea Bridge, even if it is on the north side?

There’s nothing north side of the river other than a set of lights. Any further north and it’s Chelsea pensioners not the bridge.

andrew, i believe it was the residents of the poncey flat at the end of the bridfge chellsea side that made the big ruckass about it, i think 1 was a solicitor or something too, i may be wrong.

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/chatter/11850-battle-chelsea-bridge.html

I always thought it was these people, on the south side where the bikes parked up. Used to be a wide pavement there with a big brick wall, and waste ground the other side so no probs with noise. Then they built these flats and our fun ended :crying:

View Larger Map

people would still go if the tea hut was open on friday nights.

most of the residents were actually quite happy to watch the show on friday nights. somebody well connected didnt. so he called his friends and they revoked the tea hut licence for the friday nights only. that did it.

if someone can get his licence back to open on friday nights, chelsea bridge will be back in no time.

We were there from about 11am and stayed until everyone left about noon. The two cops were a good crack but the best laugh was when the Battersea Park events manager came over and asked who was in charge because the banners on the railings had to come down.

Apparently there’s only planning permission for one banner and that belongs to the park so no-one else is allowed to put any on the railings.

Anyway, thanks for the free rucksack covers guys and a wee reminder that if you haven’t already done the BikeSafe course, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to do it free - normal cost is £45 - depending on the borough you live or work (ahem, cough, shuffle of feet) in. I did it in south London but am also going to do it in the north because I discovered I’m eligible for the voucher.