Charity plane lights for LAA

Evening all…

Sadly this didn’t happen in time for the good weather of the Summer just past, however planning continues for 2010.

I’d like to gauge interest and the affordability of ticket prices.

Three planes to choose from for a range of budgets. …

Nangchang CJ6

A Chinese air force trainer for pilots, capable of full on aerobatics. It’s very fast, noisy and a very memorable experience (I had my first flight in her a few months ago). Just strapping on the parachute gets your blood pumping!. Helmet and flight suit are provided to passengers as well as a full safety brief. This is currently the only flying example of this warbird in Europe!.

A couple of videos of the plane in question to give you an idea of what your flight will be like…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnFez-wa_P8 The fun starts around 2.00mins.

and from the ground as it displayed this year at Old Warden Shuttle Worth Collection… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jI-2zKt_0o

Cost for a 30min flight, £150

Piper Cub

Also a pilot trainer and in military life a reconnaissance and air ambulance plane dating back to 1941. A simple aircraft (much like those pesky GSXR’s you see everywhere) takes the flying experience back to basics. With the side door open feel the wind while cruising at 2’000feet. the overwing design allows for good views of the world below.

Similar to the one in this video still in camo strip. Capable of some light aerobatics and also a memorable experience to fly in.

Cost: £80 for a 30min flight

Cardinal Cessna

No Aerobatics in this one but it can seat 3 passengers making it a cost effective solution to those on a budget. A relaxed and calm ride for those who might be nervous of flying or want to share the experience with a partner or family members.
Cost per person, £40 for an 30min flight.

The prices I’ve quoted are after negotiation and are set with the pilots giving up there time to chafferer you through the air. Half of the ticket price will go directly to the LAA, the other half to pay for fuel and maintenance of the planes.

All flights will depart from the White Waltham airfield just off the M4 in Maidenhead. A ride out will be arranged from the Ace cafe on the morning of the event. Safe, concrete surface parking for bikes situated right next to the club house bar serving good food and beverages. Indoor and outdoor seating available.

The pilots will cater to your own needs for the flight. If you asked for aerobatics at the start and don’t feel to great halfway through (a light breakfast recommended :P) just say “I’m a London Biker, get me out of here!” over the intercom and they will stop. Likewise, if you were nervous and did not want aerobatics at all and then wanted to give it a try once you were up in the air, the pilot will be happy to accommodate you.

Motorcycle boots and leathers with knee sliders will not be allowed to be worn for the flights so please insure you have casual cloths, trainers to change into at the airfield. Changing area will be provided.

Fire away any questions or suggestions, let me know what you think.

I’m game, but option 3 for me, as always I’m skint

any chance of a chopper in there that is one thing I would love to go in, and also would tie a little better with the LAA theme

Great Charlie! I’d be up for the full monty acrobatics!

Fixed wing Pilots and helicopter pilots don’t really mix, alas I don’t know any copter pilots to ask.

You could try asking a fixed wing pilot but would probably meet with a response somewhere along the lines of

“Helicopter’s can’t fly…there so ugly the earth repels them”.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Come on peeps yay’s or nay’s please!

any chance of some skydiving action :smiley: been meaning to get round to do some more :smiley:

Well as most pilots know the take of is mandatory, the landing is optional. :smiley:

Few more pics of the Chang from last week to wet your appetite. :slight_smile:

Also since my last post another CJ-6 has been restored making it the only “flying pair” in Europe.

Looking good mate :slight_smile: Hope they’ve got heating.

Thermals for the win! :wink: