CB-F concept from Honda

Full on retro not neo-retro. I approve of the return of the single sided swing arm.

I like it, but then again I would! :smiley:

I’ve never really been a Honda fan but that looks pretty nice.
Now if Kawasaki could bring back the ZRX1200 and Suzuki a revamped GSX1100 efe (and not mess it up like the new Katana) I could be tempted.
It’s a shame they have to be water cooled but you can’t have everything I suppose.

I’ve never really been a Honda fan but that looks pretty nice.
Now if Kawasaki could bring back the ZRX1200 and Suzuki a revamped GSX1100 efe (and not mess it up like the new Katana) I could be tempted.
It’s a shame they have to be water cooled but you can’t have everything I suppose.

The GSX1100EFE was an incredibly good looking bike. When I had my GPz1100 (1983/85), I caught up with one on the M1 when heading to Milton Keynes. That was a memorably challenge, it was only about 3 or 4 mph slower than the GPz.

I loved the look of the GPz 1100, especially the first unfaired ones.
Too expensive now though.

My GPz1100 (ZX1100-A1)in Finsbury Park about 1984. I didn’t realise how cool it was at the time, to have the fastest production machine in the world at the age of 18.

3 Likes

Today I learned Aceman is just old enough to be my dad.

That’s a lovely looking bike.
I think I was riding a GS750 in 1984…you must have been earning a few bob.

Was insurance different in the 80s? Any quote for an 18 year old on something powerful theses days is like the ransom scene from Austin Powers.

Yeah, I imagine the quote for an 18 year old with an H2R in Finsbury Park is probably a bit steep nowadays.

I think we moaned about how dear it was but compared to today it was a bargain.
A Norwich Union rider policy covered multiple bikes and was even legal for despatch riding.

me_groovy

4d

Today I learned Aceman is just old enough to be my dad.

Oh thanks a lot Mian!

@Aceman to quote someone just select the text you want and it’ll show a “Quote” option, use this and it formats the quote nicely :slight_smile:

so it does!

so say we all

It wasn’t the fastest production motorcycle in the world
it was the “Fastest” in its class , which lets be honest wasn’t a great achievement to quote against

Oh wow. This is so much simpler.
Thank you Jay.

1 Like