Car track days - how to get started

OK - so over the last couple of months I’ve been trying to think how to “feed” my wifes mid life need for speed. I had thought about driving experiences, but they are over a grand for a decent one day thing.

I then thought about “banger racing” and whilst I know she would love that I really don’t have the time or the mechanic skills to look after a banger car.

So - I decided to buy a nice fast car that she can enjoy anytime and use on the odd track day. So - I bought a 911 Carrera 4 Cab last night - I’ll be giving it to her as a xmas present (excuses me from buying the normal crap).

So - now I’d like to look into track days. Are there any where you can just book, turn up and drive fast. The 911 can go quick enough to scare her so I don’t need (or want) to race prepare it or anything. Any tips?

Ask bikergirl400 (Claire) as she works for Porsche and can possibly help you as I think they do experience days, skid pan training and the like. Other than that, it’s the odd track day. You might have to get some info into the regs required though. Have a look at a tracks website. Lots of info there

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/

Just pick one , or pop over to the nurberg ring for the weekend

There are a couple of things you’ll need, I think one of them is a fire extinguisher. If you get that installed before you give it to her that’d look pretty cool.

I think banger racing is dangerous as it’s not heavily regulated. I knew a chap at school who used to drive grass track and they didn’t want to be associated with banger racing.

You don’t need any special kit, just a crash helmet , rear lights that work, no fluid leaks and pass a noise test and off you go !!!

awesome - thanks for the link. Looks like Brands Hatch is my best option…