Can we boycott Shell Petrol Garages please.... £13.9 Billion profit

Corruption is indeed everywhere, it’s just better hidden in the west.Those bloody Nigerians, it’s not the government creating the problems, it’s the people :rolleyes:

Hmm , applauding an oil company that exploits the natural resources of a foreign land for it’s own ends and to the detriment of the indigenous population… :ermm:

Love all this selective blame targeting or re-assignment of our own guilt.

I guess we all buy Fair Trade, all the time on here. Never buy clothes from labels who use child labour. Always refuse products from countries with a poor record on human rights…

Have to agree here…we are blameless…right…but it is for the people within their own countries to sort it out…

Hey Afro I think the nigerians are a great people they just have not found the benefit of truth and honesty yet…and they certainly have a very wealthy country, oil gas minerals diamonds etc etc etc…

can we all not agree and direct our hate and loathing towards gordon and the taxes on the fuel.

Hey I buy Shell oil sometimes…Necessary evil I guess…

Just not about to make out that any multinational company is inherently good and should be applauded for the so called great things they do.

I’m sure all Nigerians would agree as they all have Internet access and are currently coordinating scams on ebay. As a people (for which I am a part)…I want my share of the loot :smiley:

Remember too that companies like shell provide thousands of jobs in areas where people would otherwise have nothing, they also contribute to local infrastructure.

You wanna boycott Shell, oil companies, or the government… don’t bother…

The demand is there… if we didn’t pay for the fuel at this rate, they couldn’t sell it at this rate. But the day we all leave our bikes in the garage, and the mum’s stop driving little Drizabella the whole 327 yards to school, cos she’s afraid of “the streets of London” and we stop taking cabs to the night out, and we stop flying on holiday cos “Margate isn’t exotic enough for us anymore” … then we’ll convince the oil company’s and Gordon, that the prices are too high…

Can you se ANY of that happening in this ludicrously Self-absorbed scoiety we’ve created here folks…

Don’t be silly… the sacrifice is supposed to be made by “other” people so I don’t have to change my life-style in any way shape or form…

Another whinge, another cup of tea, and tomorrow we’ll all be paying £1.20.

Next year Shell will profit again and we’ll have another whinge and another cup of tea, and then pay £1.40 for a litre…

The real question is, “Is anyone here actually going to DO anything… ? Ever?”

And destroy it in equal measure if it doesn’t fit in with their aims…They make out that the people wanted it that way or use the classic example of the greater good bringing civilisation to the bad/poor.

I just want me ZX10…not long now…

Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular. The hat fits me far too comfortably for me to start that.

Yeah…I’m gonna ride into my local Shell…Not take off my helmet…Fill up…Use all the water in their pump to wash my bike, and then pay for it all using a credit card for maximum inconvenience…Those f*ckers need to be taught a lesson.

But apart from that what have Shell ever done for us?

When I was in Primary School in the 50s, Shell produced lovely Natural History calendars.:wink:

YOU CHUFFIN CRACK ME UP FELLA :D!