can i mention my new biking holiday website

Hi everyone

I don’t want to step on any toes, so i’m asking if it’s ok to mention my new website. for the last 20+ years I’ve been a biker, I never liked bikes when I was a kid, but in my late teens I started the black cab knowledge, and in doing so I learnt to ride scooters and then a proper 125cc with 6 gears. I was hooked. but after 15yrs of cab driving in London, I needed a change of scenery. so me and my family moved to north eastern spain.

we’ve been renovating our farmhouse and building guest accommodation, we are finally in a position to offer biking holidays.I won’t  post the website address until I know if i’m allowed to, as I said I don’t want to tread on any toes.

so if someone from admin can give me a heads up on what I can and can’t do, i’d appreciate it.

kind regards

martin

Go on then, a little link won´t hurt much

are you trying to get me in trouble WildBoy…lol

bigspanishmarty, send a message to Jay. He’s the site owner.

Well he supports spurs and rides a firestorm I think !

I think you will be fine fella, given most people just come on and do it anyway… You have at least made the effort to let us know what your going to do… I’m sure Jay will be fine with it, but I’m intrigued if no one else is…

since you’ve politely introduced yourself, i cant see why not.

Northern Spain and Portugal is on my list for next year. Do carry on.

ok guys, it’s the first website I’ve ever made, so be gentle with me. and if admin has any reason to delete this thread then so be it.

http://martinveck.wix.com/2wats

we are a small family start up business in Tarragona Spain, we live in the countryside amongst some stunning roads. to begin with i believe our prices are extremely competitive, but i’m sure we can work out a small discount for London bikers.

I even made our business name on the funny side. you even get free stickers that reads…you’ve been twatted…lol

as the website is constantly evolving any feedback is welcomed.

kind regards

martin

Take the music of the site please, it´s not best practice and most people tends to find it annoying, also I would invest on a domain and build the website on Wordpress or similar

i’ll be doing the domain name in the next couple of weeks, I was undecided about the music, but point taken buddy

Take the music of the site please, it´s not best practice and most people tends to find it annoying, also I would invest on a domain and build the website on Wordpress or similar WildBoy
+1

music is now gone…lol

Good luck with the new venture. My big bruv is in the process of setting up something similar in the depths of France, so I might just take notes on how you get on with it all and then pass them on :wink:

As an IT numpty, I can’t comment on the tech side of your site, but in the info, I’d like to see what accommodation you offered for the BIKE. Is there covered storage, ground anchors, etc.? If you’re aiming your place at bikers, you should know how precious some of us (Hmmm… me?) can be over our “toys”.

TDJ - When we came back from N.Spain & Portugal we rode through here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picos_de_Europa .    We think you might enjoy it :slight_smile:

Hi Janey

as yet bike are parked close to the main house, and they’re chained together, but it’s not like the uk, we are tucked away and have never had an issue with thieves(touch wood). the plan for this summer is to hopefully build a long open bike shed, with a concrete base with ground anchors built in, something like a long car port, mainly to keep the hot sun off of the bikes.

TDJ - When we came back from N.Spain & Portugal we rode through here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picos_de_Europa .    We think you might enjoy it :) Jetstream
that looks stunning. a bit of a trek from our place tho, we are on the north eastern side of Spain, the Pyrenees are within easy reach and offer stunning views and very twisty roads.
but my local roads are fantastic, with a mixture of slow twisty's to fast sweeping triple figure bends. if you only use us as a base, you're 45 mins from the coast, 1hr 20mins from motorland aragon race circuit. 2hrs 30mins from the Pyrenees.
I have pre-arranged routes that can be adjusted to suit different riders needs. I can also recommend some fantastic places to eat. not the touristy places. put good honest Spanish food and reasonable prices.
as I said, the website will evolved with more info being added on a regular basis.
thanks for all your comments so far.
TDJ - When we came back from N.Spain & Portugal we rode through here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picos_de_Europa .    We think you might enjoy it :) Jetstream
That looks my kind of place too

Your website is called ‘TWAT’ - sorry but that is rather hilarious!

You’re fine to let people know about your tours on here, but we’re not a media outlet for marketing, so just keep it casual and chatty. As you were :slight_smile:

Your website is called 'TWAT' - sorry but that is rather hilarious!  pricetta
lol, How did i not see that???