Came off my bike near Northweald, need help (recovery)

As the title says - smashed my bike near Northweald airport. Is there someone with a van who could help me get my bike to Maryland?

Edit:

Never mind, already waiting for someone to come.

Hope you’re not too injured.

Shit mate. Hope you and the bike mend well

Thanks guys! It was my own fault. I was at the wheelie school and there was a chance to have a go on your own bike at the end of the day. This having been my second time with them I thought why not.

Did a few decent ones until I stood it up on the tail tidy. Next I knew I was rolling around watching my bike spark and ignite the oil pouring out of it, people running to me with fire extinguishers.

Luckily it didn’t catch fire and for such a big accident the damage is at the end of the day not really that big. I’m obviously a bit battered having come off at 40-50mph but overall it’s not too bad.

One of the instructors called his friend who is a race bike engineer who eventually took the bike to his home to get it fixed and then took me home.

Here are a few pics of the aftermath. Might upload a clip later today (not sure if I should embarrass myself :slight_smile:

Attachments

Mate that’s pants. Hopefully the damage is mostly cosmetic.

Sorry to hear that. Hope your not too beaten, the bike can be fixed

Jeez, that was my worry when I used my bike at wheelie school!
Hope you’re not too sore this morning.

It just means you tried hard enough… unlike the other slackers on your day  :)

Hope the bill is not too big and you recover quickly! 

Respect! That must’ve looked epic! Def get a clip uploaded. No embarrassment, you’re meant to fall off motorcycles, that’s why they only have 2 wheels. That’s what I like to tell myself anyway

Here’s a video to all those interested. As you can see it would’ve been an easy save had I tapped the rear brake but, as we all know, hindsight is a beautiful thing. I lacked the skill to do it and I’m not afraid to admit that I f**ked up.

Live and learn, shouldn’t have done on my own bike but at least I didn’t pussy out and went for it :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THK1wm9Bfow

That’s a beaut mate good job! Not sure you needed to give it more throttle as it was flipping though :wink: Hope the bike isn’t too ££££ to fix up.

Mechanic called and said that he checked prices and if I was to buy all parts new from Suzuki it would cost me £2400 so we’ll try and source as many second hand ones as we can and leave the cosmetic damage for last.

This silly mistake is proving to be very costly.

Is yours a 750 or a 1000? It’s been a while since I was at wheelie school but I remember the Fazer 600s we practiced on popped up nicely but didn’t come back up that violently when you tried to chase them out with the throttle. The extra torque probably caught you off guard. As for the rear brake I think you had about. 0.2 seconds to apply that. Maybe it wasn’t saveable. Fair play for having a go on your own bike though. I’ve only done a few 1 foot high wheelies since wheelie school and thought I was a hero.

That’s a bummer! Kinda puts me off wheelie school a little, although I know it shouldn’t.

Mechanic called and said that he checked prices and if I was to buy all parts new from Suzuki it would cost me £2400 so we'll try and source as many second hand ones as we can and leave the cosmetic damage for last. This silly mistake is proving to be very costly. Cypher
Yeah that's because all the plastics from Suzuki are ridiculously expensive. I remember on my GSR they wanted c£300 5 yrs ago for a rear cowl!

Fix what you can with 2nd hand, gaffa or whatever. You ride in London so are bound to get it knocked over and can then get them replaced properly.

No need to be put off. You use their bikes all day which have dragging wands (?) that cut the ignition if you wheelie too high. You can have a go on your own bike towards the end of the day if you want but that’s totally optional.

Cheap chinese fairings are the way forward. might as well go for a colour change, given the opportunity.

[quote] That's a bummer! Kinda puts me off wheelie school a little, although I know it shouldn't. --- AlexT [/quote]

No need to be put off. You use their bikes all day which have dragging wands (?) that cut the ignition if you wheelie too high. You can have a go on your own bike towards the end of the day if you want but that’s totally optional.

Joby
If you've got the money it's definitely a good day of learning to wheelie, as Joby says it's optional to use your own bike at the end of the day. 

If you do use your own bike the instructor has a go on it first to “tell you what revs and technique” you need to wheelie it,  means you get to see someone else wheelie your bike down the runway which is a tad unnerving lol

Sorry to hear that Cypher.
I have ordered set of gsxr750 L4 fairings for myself from auctmarts a week ago (mine were part stolen). Will let you know when they arrive how’s the quality and all the other details.
Speaking of genuine suzuki fairings. For 2 lover pieces and two side pieces they wanted £1k. (Plus minus £50). I’ve checked and carbon pieces from elsewhere are cheaper :smiley:

Good jeans!