Since 2002 we’ve developed custom software for LB, whether that’s for the site itself, to customise third-party forum software we used to run, support migration efforts as we moved from code-base to code-base over the years or various other utilities and web-services for our different projects.
We’re now running LB on an open-source discussion platform so there’s no huge amount of development for us to do, which is great as we became more and more resource constrained as the years went on, because… life. We’re still coding, still working on things such as a new galleries site and what-not.
Over the years we must have written hundreds of thousands of lines of code (perhaps more) and created untold number of graphics and HTML designs. Rather than let it all die a death hidden away from everyone I thought it would be nice to put it out there for posterity.
With that in mind, you can find all the source-code for our historic projects on GitHub now:
We’ve got on there, source code for:
- The original LB website (V5)
- The forum-only LB website (V6)
- MotoProfessional (our photography sale website)
- Stolen Vehicle Database (SVD)
- Email Loader (helped automate editorial publishing to LB)
- MotoFeed (a project we didn’t finish)
- VehicleDatabaseWebService (VDWS - used by SVD)
- Other utilities