caliper mounted locks ???

http://roadlok.com/index-one.htm

check this out

good idea…y/n

Interesting. If you have a Suzuki…

That is very interesting. Nice to see some security innovation. But just HOW AMERICAN is that trailer! :w00t:

I watched the attempt to defeat it. He seems to think that any one that would steal a motorcycle would be too dumb to get a bigger hammer than his claw hammer. So, try a 2-3 kilo hammer. And try a full diameter drill bit, just move up to the next larger one until it drills away the housing that is holding it in place. No need to go thru the plates. Or try a plasma torch?

I am a skeptic that he did his best. Apply liquid nitogen to the pin and see if hitting it while it is cold/embrittled would break it.

I watched the attempt to defeat it. He seems to think that any one that would steal a motorcycle would be too dumb to get a bigger hammer than his claw hammer. So, try a 2-3 kilo hammer. And try a full diameter drill bit, just move up to the next larger one until it drills away the housing that is holding it in place. No need to go thru the plates. Or try a plasma torch? I am a skeptic that he did his best. Apply liquid nitogen to the pin and see if hitting it while it is cold/embrittled would break it.

So would a small atomic bomb;) For what it’s worth, I just don’t like it - no real reason - just don’t like it:hehe:

Is a chain really that difficult to use?:cool:

I had a key snap in a disc lock, apart from needing a tow home it only cost £25 for another one. How much would that bastard cost.

There are a few additions that spring to mind, when most people steal bikes they pick them up and put them in a van.

And supposing it goes wrong and slams the brakes on at 70mph going down the A2.

I don’t like it either!

:unsure:

Big chain to immovable object for me

Phil

For one, it CANT slam the brakes on, depending on the one you get, one is basically a caliper that has a HOLE in it for the pin, the other is a add on with a HOLE for the pin. The PIN is removed when you ride (put it in your pocket), when you park you put the pin in place and you have a nice little disc lock. Now if YOUR existing calipers can nail the brakes all by themselves at any speed, you might need to have that looked at :crazy:

Actually its a fairly good idea AND its BIKE specific… not just Suzuki’s. Any brand… integrated disc lock… not bad… not the ONLY defense I would to employ on my bike overnight but would be a nice addition for those times you park up when puttering round town and country.

Anybody bought one then???:slight_smile: