Buying (another) bike!! Advice and opinions please

or?

GSR 750?

or

another beemer? f800r?

You don’t sound convinced…too naked?

What’s your opinion on a litre bike for someone with only 3 months experience - keen not to feel out of my depth and be laughed at for only using 20% of its range!

test ride as many bikes as you can. id say the street triple is an ideal bike the speed triple on the other hand is a BEAST. roll on the throttle a little bit harder than normal and the front end will smack you in the face

Whats wrong with what you’ve got, it did ok on saturday and I know it wasn’t a super fast pace but hold on for a year and then you’ll have the experience and I’m sure that would give you the confidence to get pretty much what you like. At the end of the day you have got the option of going to a bigger cc and it will only go as quick as you twist, the one thing to do (imo) would at least go and sit on the different bikes in a showroom, a bike will be at it’s heaviest when standing still and slightly lent over. If your going to be doing fairly long trips I would think that would rule out naked bikes as your neck will suffer (that’s from experience), I loved mine naked but doing longer runs really took the pleasure out of it (hence why mine’s now got the fairing on it). After waffling on about the why’s and where for’s, there’s bound to be some good deals coming up (end of season and all that) so the choice will be yours, everyone will have there favorite but it’s got to be the one that not only tick’s if not all but most box’s and actually does it for you. I wish you all the best in your quest and don’t envy you task for one minute as there’s so many too choose from.

All the best John

Here you go.
I was going to post a video of myself but I found this. :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duSt0t01GWw
0 to 60mph in 3.6 secs
0 to 100mph in 10.3 secs

Only thing is - that’s a Ninja - definitely not up for a sportsbike - am built for comfort rather than speed! :smiley:

Lots of speed in (relative) comfort.

BMW K1300R

Oh yeah - It’s gorgeous, but beyond my budget and capability me thinks!! Perhaps when I have another 12 - 24 months under my belt and I’m weighing it up against a Multistrada!

[quote]
Cruiserchick (17/09/2012)

No no it’s not a super sports ninja.
It’s an ER6f Ninja
Not a ZX6 Ninja

ER6 is considered a sport-tourer. You sit upright.
ZX6 is a super sport. You lean forward.

Z1000SX hands down…

i love the look and colours! i went and test rode one just because!

i really liked it, it was pretty quick too, nice power range with a typical stonking top end pull of kawasaki, didnt really need to drop down through the gears alot either liek you would on a 600-800cc bike, screen did its job perfectly, infact it feelt very comfy to ride fast, i didnt go on the m-way but could imagine it soaking up miles all day long.

it handled well enough down some lanes, felt a little heavy but i could’nt really push it too much as it was a demo with not overly great new tyres on it.

Kaos filmed it, he might out the vid up if i ask, it pulled way from his gixxa600 well:D

i’d say get one, without panniers it will filter easily, yet it will be fun in the lanes and grand on motorways, cracking bike, if i could afford it i would prob buy one if i was doing milage.

[quote]
Premises187 (17/09/2012)

Wow - they seem to call a lot of their bikes Ninjas! I thought it was just the ZX’s - thanks for clarifying! It’s definitely still on the list along with the Z1000sx and Z750r :smiley:

Excellent review Ratty - thanks very much. When you say " handled well enough down some lanes, felt a little heavy" - is that just because you are used to a much lighter bike, or in comparison to other bikes in the same class is it failing in some way. Twisty, bendy roads are my fave - I have no desire (or ability) to do KDs (I’m learning!), but I definitely want to feel stable in the lean and like the bike is actively gripping the tarmac. Would love to see Kaos’s film.

i think it was mainly due to it was different to my bike of the time-SV1000S- being a different riding position, also it may have been the tyres, i’m sure it was on factory tyres which are normally not the best.

i think with decent rubber on the rims it would be fine, liek any bike once you get used to it you know how it will handle and how to set it up for a corner.

read up on some more reviews, i remember it getting good reviews, see what others say.

was very tempted to KD it, it felt like it would easily do it:D

it was only a short one, he took his youtube account down i think, i will PM him and ask him if he still has it.

There are “sensible” 1 litre bikes that are fine for someone with limited experience and then there are some that are just waiting to kill you. My KLV maxes out at 135 but it has lots of torque so ends up being very easy to ride but can hustle if needed…

i think it was mainly due to it was different to my bike of the time-SV1000S- being a different riding position, also it may have been the tyres, i’m sure it was on factory tyres which are normally not the best.

i think with decent rubber on the rims it would be fine, liek any bike once you get used to it you know how it will handle and how to set it up for a corner.

read up on some more reviews, i remember it getting good reviews, see what others say.

was very tempted to KD it, it felt like it would easily do it:D

it was only a short one, he took his youtube account down i think, i will PM him and ask him if he still has it.
[/quote]

Thanks Lovely, tried to book a test ride on one today, but the two most local dealers who have advertised on Autotrader were both closed on Mondays! Business must be good. Hoping to try it out on Friday afternoon, providing they haven’t already been sold as is often the case with Autotrader.

check it out, looks pretty capable here:D

The Z1000SX is the only litre bike I’m seriously considering at the mo - any other that I should have on the list (that don’t look like they’re designed for middle class/middle England OAP’s!) and other than traditional ‘sports bikes’ which bikes in the tourer/ semi faired category will want to kill me :w00t:- they all seem so cuddly and safe! :smiley:

[quote]
Ratty46 (17/09/2012)

check it out, looks pretty capable here:D

Cool, thanks for taking the trouble, never even thought to scour Youtube! And a very good tutorial on how you actually KD- so basically at speed, in a bend, throw yourself off the side :w00t:…hmmmm…might wait a few more months before I try that!

was actually looking for sound clips for the Z1000, But they where all crap quality, then i found that!

yeh kinda, bit more to it but yeh you got it:D