Buying a Supermoto!

Some Bridgestone. I’m thinking of changing them out for something better. Never much like Bridgestones. Undecided whether to get stickiest road tyres or those wet-tyre looking ones (Avons?). Happy to receive suggestions.

i always liked michelin
got the pilot road 4 on the CB1R and pilot power on the SMCR

very topical suggestion from youtube

The thing with all these discussions is that you can do all the calculations you want, and still get the wrong answer. I only watched 5mins but couldn’t sit there and watch more. I’m sure it’s all important but unless you’re going to tell me 2-3psi either way will be the risk of me crashing or going like Rossi, chances are I’m going to stick to guidelines

2 Likes

no, he said that there is no right answer. that you need to do your own trial and error and reach to the pressure that is right for you

To me there’s a noticeable difference on my Speed Triple between having the pressure at the manual’s spec and what I run, 4psi less on the rear tyre.
I only run the spec pressure if I’ve got a pillion or luggage.

Ah ok - I agree with that. I normally have just done it to the spec and it felt ok. So then decided not to experiment :smiley:

Insurance bought. £652 fully comp with Claire on the same policy too. Oof, bit more than expected. Only three brokers quoted. Surprised MCE wouldn’t. DRZ is £88 :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’ll be the orange tax

Went with the Wings exhaust in the end. Reviews seemed okay and I like the idea of a two-stage baffle system.

Also, picking the bike up tomorrow. Can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

Picked her up, got all of about 50 miles on her so far. Currently at the Ace Cafe enjoying a Chicken Cesar Salad (who would have thought you could get half way healthy food at the Ace now?!).

Anyone out?

1 Like

Also, gotta say, man does she handle, what a hoot!

1 Like

Your chicken cesar salad handles well? Who would’ve thought eh?

1 Like

Little beast

Is it my idea or are KTMs stylings looking very husqvarna or is it husaberg?

Lovely looking bike but boy that can needs a change.

As for chicken Caesar salad, o ought to have your bike off you just for that

Husky’s are made alongside the KTMs. They’re sister bikes. Virtually identical from 2020.

Oh and following true KTM tradition, the first bolt has fallen off the bike after only 75 miles. Number plate mount! No worries though, I’ll be replacing that with a tail tidy before long :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t buy a tail tidy, just unbolt the extension and mount the plate and indicators to what’s left like every other 690 owner does :+1:t2:

1 Like

Wow, top-tip, thanks mate!

1 Like

Enjoy @Jay, they’re mega bikes. I remember doing 130mph on mine thinking ‘FFS I’m on a dirt bike!’. It had more to give too. As @nivag says you don’t need a tail tidy. You gonna run an open air box on it?

2 Likes

Yeah I knew they were one but it’s the first time I’ve noticed the similarity in design. Maybe it’s my eyesight