Brugge Choccie run

so what about insurance and stuff, just call my current insurer. Just that a mate of my went on to the continent and had a nasty spill, the guy in charge of sorting out the insurance didnt do it right and my mate had a pain in the arse getting home, he had to be air lifted home at the cost of his employer, who was UK traffic police, so that wasnt bad, so he was lucky. I just wanna make sure I am all set before we go, i know its only brugge and 1 day, but other than riding on the opposite side of the road, should i do anything or know anything?

oh and for those that have not braved the run before, what is the route, what kind of roads, twisties or just boring motorways and A roads?

Would like to come! If you wait for me on the passport control :):):slight_smile: problems having russian passport

no problem going out, chances are they wont even look at it;) just get there in plenty of time.

My insurance covers me for EU anyway, most do these days. you should have a E111 for medical problems and one days breakdown cover if you feel your bike aint gona make it but if thats the case you should not be thinking of coming:) Don’t listen to all the horror stories they peeps come out with, we are only going for a day, there will be no Mway at all on the other side, it will be a steady pace not a race:)

Best to take your V5, insurance docs, MOT and driving licence. a couple of spare bulbs as the French can be a bit hot on that, other than that just enjoy.:cool:

Cagers are far more bike friendly over there.

I will post full details soon:)

What kind of pace are you thinking of? If it’s a new rider but with big(ish) bike friendly then I’ll be up for it - any excuse for chocolate!

Hanna, it will be a steady pace (honest) no M-way on the other side just minor roads that go through lots of villages. There will be the odd straight that we will need to apply a few more rev’s too (be rude not too) but generally be a good one for the lets say less experienced rider:)

Arghhh cant u do this a week later :frowning: Im still stuck in plaster till the end of the month :frowning:

Unless… i can get myself cruise control :smiley:

was thinking of staying in Folkstone on Friday 26th for this - anybody intrested let me know

sorry no can do, but will be running another to Brugge later in the year:)

Mo ,

will this be a numbered run ? dont want to say yes 100% now and take up a spot and as a result someone misses out ?

I start work as a europe motorbike tour guide in 2 months so i shall prolly already be in europe :slight_smile:

No, who ever wants to come can come:) no restrictions:) Except No Plonkers:w00t:

First Post up-Dated:)

booked…cant wait…and me birthday on 27th:D

Himself and I will probably look at staying over somewhere near Folkstone the night before. I’ll be booking our tickets tomorrow.

Well this will slow the pace down:w00t::):wink:

i got to slow the pace down so you can keep up:D:P

Right, my tickets are booked - Hannibals’ also. :DWe were discussing last night how much luggage we had between us (around 80-100 litres) and if we needed to get any more! :smiley:

I am hatching a plan on how to get on the bike in plaster :smiley: My dad and i are gonna make ltl mods to the bike so i can go :smiley: So hopefully will be booked by the weekend :smiley: