Breaking news in France

A step too far or should have been done a long time ago?

http://www.lequipement.fr/info/1180/Gants-a-moto-Obligatoires-dans-2-mois#tgUE1auelKrkoEu0.99

Google will translate it

… into Cebuano! Wtf…

My French is a bit rusty tbh but are they banning scooters? Yes please :slight_smile:

They will have to wear gloves from now on two or four wheels (quad)

I don’t mind. Any serious biker should be wearing gloves anyway… no?

quite true. although have you ever ridden in hot weather without? it’s divine!

This is true. It’s nice to have a choice. I do wear gloves regardless in Spain and the south of France, personally…

I love my Mechanix gloves for summer. Closest I’ve got to no gloves at all.

This is like anything to do with your freedom of choice, MAG’s motto is let the rider decide! Also Europe is talking about bringing a law that anything described as motorcycle clothing has got to carry CE approval before it can be described as such. How far from gloves to full compulsory CE approved bike kit. I know that crash helmets are CE approved and that is a good thing, but but how many of you have been to mediterranean countries? How many people on bikes wear protective all the time. Even in Sicily last year a lot of people weren’t wearing crash helmets on scooters even going 2 up.

All I’m saying is it should be my choice on things like gloves and clothing. After all I’m a grown up and can make my own decisions. 

And "when the infringement is committed by a driver required to hold a driving license points for driving this vehicle, it leads automatically to the point reduction of the driving license " . Read more at http://www.lequipement.fr/info/1180/Gants-a-moto-Obligatoires-dans-2-moishttps://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=DGLiV9uyJMaN8QeRo7DgBw#7RGvHupwbuOXmOD1.99
So they take points off your license for infringement, sounds like it could be pretty useful for some people.

Yup, in France you start with 12 brownie points & lose them for naughty behaviour, rather than starting at 0 & gaining them like over her.

This is like anything to do with your freedom of choice, MAG's motto is let the rider decide! Also Europe is talking about bringing a law that anything described as motorcycle clothing has got to carry CE approval before it can be described as such. How far from gloves to full compulsory CE approved bike kit. I know that crash helmets are CE approved and that is a good thing, but but how many of you have been to mediterranean countries? How many people on bikes wear protective all the time. Even in Sicily last year a lot of people weren't wearing crash helmets on scooters even going 2 up.

All I’m saying is it should be my choice on things like gloves and clothing. After all I’m a grown up and can make my own decisions. 

Tyger800Tim
Valid point. However, look at it from the state's perspective:

You are an adult man, working, paying taxes and your children depend on your income - you are a positive contribution to society at large. If now you crash and hurt yourself seriously or worse then the state pays for your care, no longer receives your taxes, and your children will need a social safety net.

MAG has translated this so we can understand this better

https://www.facebook.com/motorcycleactiongroup/posts/10157885473043125?notif_t=notify_me_page¬if_id=1474459456473657

This is like anything to do with your freedom of choice, MAG's motto is let the rider decide! Also Europe is talking about bringing a law that anything described as motorcycle clothing has got to carry CE approval before it can be described as such. How far from gloves to full compulsory CE approved bike kit. I know that crash helmets are CE approved and that is a good thing, but but how many of you have been to mediterranean countries? How many people on bikes wear protective all the time. Even in Sicily last year a lot of people weren't wearing crash helmets on scooters even going 2 up.

Tyger800Tim
Valid point. However, look at it from the state's perspective:

You are an adult man, working, paying taxes and your children depend on your income - you are a positive contribution to society at large. If now you crash and hurt yourself seriously or worse then the state pays for your care, no longer receives your taxes, and your children will need a social safety net.

CBR500R commuter
So using that logic I must always wear Hi Vi even walking down the street, cross at pedestrian crossings with a green man. I could go on with thinks I must do to safeguard my income. Not forgetting health issues from drinking, smoking and not getting enough exercise!

even though it is freedom of choice

you have to conceder other things as well  

Can you work without a hand ? I cant

having experience of a hand injury I can tell you its really hard trying to get over the limitations to my injury I was off a bike for 5 years & I can suffer in both hot & cold weather.

they brought out seatbelt laws to prevent a more serious injury !