Brazen Head Tonight

Good old ebay - I dont wear it to church though

I can see why!!!

Did you have a good meal? I had the mixed grill and garlic mushrooms and it bloomin gorgeous. I liked the look of the mammoth burger that came out for your table.

I may do a pete beale and get my own mug behind the bar in readiness for me brew!!

No sidi massaging for me, I had blue nitros on my feet. Was it you with the Vagitarian t-shirt… most cool, got to get me one o those!

Much the same, am more sociable with a keyboard infront of me!

i don’t really want to know what you get up to in your own time :wink:

It’s a shame some of you ‘missed’ each other. Next time ask me as I tend to try and speak to everybody, whether they want to or not, lol.

Will try & get to the next one… ended up having an early night

Sounds like a good venue & nice grub

Mi last one for a while, probably til new year… career is calling

I don’t want to sound like I have a downer on it but did have a few issues.

the venue is an absolute pig to get to - it took me over half an hour to do just over 2 miles.

the pub is very small and there was only about 20 people or so there last night - it was helmets and coats all over the place, and the regulars didn’t seem too happy about us being there.

the parking doesn’t seem particularly safe - I came out the pub to take a call on my moby and there was a group of scrotes checking out the bikes, who then checked the pub to see us all in there.

don’t get me wrong its a nice cosy pub, the food is good and its cheap but its not really practicle for a bike meet, especially for anyone coming from south or east of it.

now you know how us up north felt getting down to the cubanna! :wink: The idea is to move the meet around each season so that everyone gets to have a meet near / convient for them. It’s great that so many people turned up last night- and so many new people turned up - that’s the point… :slight_smile:

The pub isn’t that small but I can see it being crowded with 25 bikers there! Did everyone get a seat! I would have thought so.

It’s warm, the food is good, it’s cheap and the locals are nice once they get to know you :slight_smile:

It’s not going to move again now before the spring… so enjoy it while you can… it’s also where the Christmas party is going to be!

m

yeah i know and i agree with that, but its the other issues that concern me. as i say there were only about 20 or so people there and we were tripping over each other (and helmets)

i enjoyed my self last night

had a fantastic meal which was mixed grill and chips along with a steak on top plus 2 lots of cheesey garlic bread and to top it off apple pie and icecream which isnormally only seved on a sunday

see you guys next week

there are some members on this forum that quite enjoy tripping over helmets :wink:

Maybe we can arrange a sort of cloakroom / table to stash the gear rather than have it strewn all over the place? Make the place a bit neater and seem not quite so crowded?

That’s not a bad idea - I’ll talk to Geraldine.

m

Which direction did you come from? I came from the west end and used back roads instead of the A40 and it didn’t take long at all Might be worth getting the old A-Z out to find a different route.

came from chancery lane / fleet street. pretty much whatever way you go the journey will be crap. its not just about the journey though, as long as you don’t get many more people than last night it probably won’t be too bad, but if people start taking interest in the meet again it will be far too small.

Nice to meet some of you tonight. Thanks to Caty for making the introductions.

Look foward to the next one where I’ll try to stay a bit longer

mmm I don’t really agree with that tbh… we used to have office parties in there with over 50 people and it was big enough - not everyone got a chair but it was cool…

m

Matt, I liked the venue, but office parties are different. I presume the place was booked out and not interfering with local custom at the time?

Agree on the section for kit though.

It was good to meet you JP

Hope to see you at the newbie meet on Monday 6th at the Ace.