Brands Indy 23rd Feb

Me and Roadkill are booked in for this td, hoping to get some good weather. Anybody else booked in ?

What a fantastic day. Although I do feel well and truly broken.Almost a catastrophic start. Met Slarty at Letchworth Gate, I then performed, what can only be described as, a phenominal fete of agility and dexterity, where by I lept (well, sat) onto my trusty steed and promptly toppled and fell off the other side, bike and all.

Other than being embarrassed, I didn’t feel to bad, I just laughed at my own stupidty. Thank heaven my new exhaust was on molested. Unfortunately, it turned out, that my front break leaver had snapped off. 6am, no front brake. I was not a happy bunny. My language was colourful to say the least.

So I had to limp home using the back brake only (advanced braking was definitely key) then wait two painful hours until a bike shop opened.

Thankfully the mechanic at Bike Pavillion happened to have a spare lever which, although wasn’t from an R6, happened to fit. Well at this point I didn’t care if it was the right one or not, or what state it was in. As long as it allowed me to get down to Brands Hatch.

So 50 minutes later cough I pulled up at the garage, signed on, removed the unnecessaries from the bike (not including the rider) and got noise tested with not a moment to spare. Just in time for the second session in fact.

What a day it was. Still have lots to learn, I KNOW I can ride Druids and Clearways faster than I am, I just can’t seem to get it together at the moment. As for Graham Hill, well I’ll stick to getting off and walking it around for now :smiley:

Can’t wait for the next one (once my body recovers).

It was another great td, nice to get some more dry time at Brands, the more I learn the more I realise how far I have to go :w00t: