Brands Hatch Indy 21st Jan 2006

I am shattered but stayed upright. Full report to follow but there are some pics here:-

http://www.chuffster.co.uk/phpBB2/album_cat.php?cat_id=8

Great to see B out there, that GSXR750 has way too much grunt in his hands for my poor little SV650 to keep up with.

Big congrats to Jason on his TZR - first track day and he survived with no issues. How he can go to work straight after that is beyond me.

Good work fella.

Sunny,bright and dry.What a contrast from 2 weeks ago.

Chuffster,good to see you,well done on increasing your pace each session.

Jason,i guess you`ve gone into hibernation now to catch up on the sleep you should have had over the last 2 nights.
Have you got the trackday bug,you seemed to love it out there on track even though you needed a lot more horsepower.

It was good to get the first trackday instructing under my belt safely and rewarding helping others improve.

Hey, looks like you guys had a great time! I’ve ridden Brands in these conditions, and it’s good fun, if nippy! Hope you all had winter gloves on I’m glad everyone stayed upright, and B, congratulations on getting your first day instruction under your belt! I hope it’s the first of many. Also congrats to Jason, I hope the bike felt good, it’s made for a track like Brands Indy!

Winter gloves? We are hard buggers you know, summer race gloves only.

Brave men, I wouldn’t make that mistake again I can ride at full pace in my winterised Alpinestars. I think. My fingers nearly fell off last year in 4c conditions at Brands.

No rest for the wickid

It was a top day and I have to agree with B I should have taken the firestorm.

I only had one moment that had my ass going, that was at clearways I had a massive judder on the front, no idea what it was but the clocks looked like they were going to fall off from it.

Paddock hill bend is great I can see how people get it wrong though, its a very hard and fast corner I guess I was doing 50-60 around it maybe more but I dont think so, the the knee was down and I was heading to the gravel, off the throttle to tighten up the line and into the dip that sends your head almost into the tank, up to druids (my best corner for going round the big guys) then down the hill into graham hill, I could not get the knee down there but its a fantastic corner along the back straight that took for ever then into surtees aim for the marshal hut into clearways and show the Shi*s who keep going on the inside on the brakes and going round the corner like there in tescos car park ffs then onto the straight only to have to take them all again at druids .

If you have never done a track day then your crazy, why I have waited so long is beond me.

it was a cold ride to brand, I only had 3 1/2 hrs sleep and it was a cold ride home before work till I got my winter gear on.

Was it worth it, HELL YEAH

A BIG HUGE MASSIVE THANKS TO CHUFFSTER FOR EVERY LITTLE BIT OF HELP GOING FROM THE HELLO IN THE PETROL STATION RIGHT DOWN TO LENDING ME TYRE WARMERS

AND TO FIRESTORM IN A D CUP FOR BRINGING MUCH NEED TEA COOKIES AND SOME YUMMY SUSAGES

AND B FOR ALL THE ADVICE AND TUITION HE COULD GIVE (VERY BUSY MAN ON THE DAY)

One thing I will say is make sure you pair up with a buddy for a track day I dont think it would have been as much fun if I did not receive the help I did.

Hmmmmmmm 5th febs only £89 anyone for a track day

Really glad you enjoyed it Jason and also glad that myself and Firestorm could assist you in your day. We have a few more photos, I shall get them all sorted and get them to you. Never heard whether the official photgrapher was there but I will try and find out and let you know.

they did have one I spotted him when I was going into druids unless it was a speed camera

for the others

wow…

sounds like you had a blast!! i bet the tzr was awesome especially round the corners going faster and being tighter than the bigger heavier bikes…

am getting the itch now to sign up for a very cold day with my yellow trumpet and give you the report on what it looks like from the rear! haha… give me time…

see u out there when the sun shows itself a little more… i may be inspired though…

C

Welcome to the world of trackdays, Jason It gets very addictive from here on in! I think I’ve only ever got more than a few hours sleep once before a trackday, at Donnington last year. Normally the jokers like Rod, Cezar, Grant and Pete make for hillarious antics that keep us up half the night!

£89 is very tempting… I’ll have to have a think about that.