Bought another DR-Z 400 S!

The number of posts before a topic about offroading goes offtopic to sex puns

Seems to have everything we need and my partners family have lived there for the last 10 years so fingers crossed lol

1 Like

Are you looking at moving to NWAS?

Contemplating that or GNAAS if a vacancy comes up

Nice.
A mate of mine went from LAS to NWAS, said it’s a whole different world up there!

my partner moved from LAS to EEAST, she says she gets these weird things called breaks.

Though she did have to work in luton…

Currently LAS is a weird place, pandemic has done us as a service a world of good. Our ways of working have improved tenfold.

Getting breaks everyday, downtime between calls, today for example only had three patients to attend to all day, had a break, time on station to distress amongst colleagues, there are crews for the most waiting for calls and not calls waiting for ambulance crews

It’s like we’ve gone back 20 years!

2 Likes

Sorry to break the emergency services talk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The guy I bought the DRZ from said it has been serviced within the last six months and had paperwork to prove it but I just checked the oil level and it was so low it wasn’t even registering on the dip stick!

She took half a litre of 10w/40! Hope she’s okay.

1 Like

what a dipstick!

1 Like

not to teach you to suck eggs, but you checked the oil level within a few minutes of running it right? Dry sump and all.

that said, mine has got down to 1/2 a liter too

I actually didn’t. Long time since I’ve owned one, but after filling her up I had the fear.

She’s too loud atm to start up and leave running at home. I need a quieter (but not stock) exhaust. Went for a ride after filling her up and she was okay.

She’ll quickly burn off any excess oil, offroaders/ supermotos are clever like that.

Like my SMC and adventure, the need to warm up to check oil is pretty annoying. Especially on a winter’s day when you just want to make sure before going on that ride and it takes half an hour…

1 Like

If that’s evidence of the level of maintenance, I think I’d be giving it a full going over before serious use. Or at the very least doing an oil & filter change.

Probably just it needing to be warmed up before taking the level reading. Will be giving it a bit of attention today though. Got a few things I need to look at.

Quick loop round Surrey hills next week?

1 Like

Yes @Jay please take @Panagiotis offroad, just remember to take a camera with you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have two! :laughing::grimacing:

Yeah sure, ready now, just finished fixing some minor things :slight_smile:

Worked on a few things this weekend:

• Replaced the rear indicators with LED ones, cutting out the bodge job electrical connections and soldering/heat-shrink wrapping in new connectors
  • Replaced the worn gear shift that had the original sharp metal back that is prone to holing the engine in a drop worn an aftermarket item
  • Replaced rusted/rounded screws on the front. Master cylinder reservoir cover
  • Cleaned our the air box and for the filter back in properly (clamp had come loose)
  • Replaced a missing dzus fastener on the air box cover
  • Made a new bolt for a missing seat bolt
  • Lubricated the chain as it was dry as a bone

New bits. Didn’t need indicator slow-down resisters in the end but cannibalised them instead for their nice wires and connectors.

Nasty master cylinder reservoir cover screws

Yay, nice and new. OEM parts.

Don’t know how you lose one of these fasteners, but there you go!

Shoddy electricals and someone’s done a poor air-box mod. Might have to make this into the proper 3x3 mod at some point.

The old, worn gear shift which is prone to holing the engine in a drop.

New gear-shift. Will keep the old one as a spare in the bike bag.

Mid-work.

Feeling very happy with myself after cutting out an old bodge on a rear indicator, soldering in a new connector and heat-shrink wrapping it.

New seat bolt fitted and now all done. Brap.

3 Likes

nicely done!