Boiler replacement SE London

Hi.

Anyone recommend any form to replace boiler with standard combi boiler?

British Gas quoted £4500 for Worcester Bosch plus some try valves for the existing radiators, plus a powerclean flush of the system.

Sounds a bit steep to me…

I’m a heating engineer but work for somebody,I can recommend someone from bexleyheath who is excellent and will run circles round a British gas quote.pm me for details if you want.dean

Which Worcester Bosch?

That is expensive for anything but the high end models.

I replaced our old boiler with a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440cdi (second form the top in terms of size) 2 weeks ago, plus some radiator valves and a digital controller all for £3500.

The labour charge was £1300, the rest was parts- this is in Oxfordshire though, I assume there is a bit of London tax to pay for you.

I paid £2500 for a WB Greenstar Junior 28i, a flush and 5 TRV’s last year, installed with vertical flue, removed the old one and comes with a Honeywell RF controller. 

Berkshire mind you.

I bet it was British Gas that said it needs replacing. The existing one is probably repairable.

Thanks. Quote is for a WB greenstar 30i erp and installation. 1119 for the boiler. 200 for the part p connections, 80 for the flue then a further 2101 for installation.

Quote includes a rad for the kitchen (184) a 249£ Programmable thermostat, the TRV valves and £372 for the power flush.

I’ve installed radiators before in DIY projects and the prices for some of this seem ridiculous.

Gary
Bromley Local Heating
07780 706705
01689 898479

And he is a biker!

Whatever you do don’t use A C Wilgur

Thanks for all this - especially recommendation. Much obliged.