Bluetooth headsets

I’ve seen a few posts about Bluetooth headsets on here in the past but nothing for a while so wondered if there are any exciting developments, I’m looking for something pretty basic that can receive calls, play sat nav instructions from the phone and occasionally play music, no need for it to work as an intercom or anything like that. I did have one of the ebay ones but the battery life reduced to the point where it’s useless for anything more than popping to the shops.

Main things I’m looking for:

Loud enough to hear instructions at 60-70mph

As much battery life as possible

Cheapish (I guess around £100)

This one looks OK, and has the advantage of being available from GetGeared, which is 2 minutes from my house.

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/interphone-urban-single-pack?sc=63&category=2727274

Anybody got anything similar recently that they would recommend? Cheers.

Sena 5

I have one of theses

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZF4KFAQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

& I have a interphone FX3 something

I much prefer the buyee one

I took it off my old crash helmet & as I had the interphone on my new crash helmet ,your more than welcome to have it as its just sitting in the drawer doing nothing

+1 Helmet City likely to give a discount and fit it for you, did for me

mate get yourself a scala QZ it ticks all your boxes and £75

I have one and I’m properly pleased with it. now I’m not going to say what speed I was doing on the french motorway but I had no problem hearing the instructions/music.

also worth noting the mounting for the QZ is compatible with the other headset in the Q range, so if you wanted to upgrade it is simples

How long does the battery last on either one.

Both of mine around 5hrs
Using both satnav and music

My scala lasted about 10 hours when I went to France

Starcom1. Hard wired no batteries no worries.

Except with the Starcom the leads and headsets are always going and the Bluetooth dongle is silly money.

Watching thread with interest as thinking of an Interfone, had a Scala before and it was crap

Don’t get the buhel, brought a set at the show in Birmingham, seemed like a good idea!
Well great if you want to walk around the house with your crash helmets on and have a chat. Get on the bike go 20mph and you can not hear a word…what the sales guy failed to tell me was after 50pmh you hear nothing… But 20mph! They seem like a really good idea no wires or anything. But not.

Sena smh10r owner here. With a 3.5mms headphone adapter as music is pants on the speakers.

Two in one for me. So earplugs and very clear audio if I choose to use it.

the Buhel sound as good as the £25 sets from ebay

I’ll give the scala speakers arn’t great but that being said I think they are ok for what I need. So the occasional long ride with some tunes. and GPS when I need it.

the auto volume control I have to say works really well. Faster you go the louder the speakers go due to external noise then slow down it gets quieter. and it reacts to those changes quickly too.

I really like my Scalarider G9X. I’ve had it for over a year and it gets daily use. Really good bit of kit.

I have one of theses

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZF4KFAQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

& I have a interphone FX3 something

I much prefer the buyee one

I took it off my old crash helmet & as I had the interphone on my new crash helmet ,your more than welcome to have it as its just sitting in the drawer doing nothing

Wise

That’s jolly decent of you Wise, thanks. I’ll certainly take you up on that if we can arrange a convenient meet up.

I think we live on opposite sides of town so probably somewhere in town would work would be easiest - I’m in/around Canary Wharf but I’ll travel to you if you’re somewhere near-ish during the week?

I’ll post up my route and rough times then you can arrange a good spot for yourself to meet
I’m not to fussed if it makes me late for work except Monday’s and Thursday’s
I’ll sort the bits out over the weekend and see if I still have the box

My Route Through London

https://goo.gl/maps/UWo7vT6M1wo

& a possible meeting point

ill get the bits together this weekend

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

That’s almost exactly my commute in reverse so could meet anywhere along the way depending on what time you usually get in.

Perhaps we should do a job swap and each save 30 minutes commuting time…