Bloody nose bleeds

Over the past 57 years I have never been one to suffer nose bleeds other
than through misfurtune or self induced through doing something stupid.

But being on Warfarin, it has exploited the fact that I must have a weak
snot box as without warning or reason I can suddenly start pouring
blood.

Last time was New Years day. 

Today, went to the bathroom, blew my nose, turned on the tap and was washing
my hands and the water started turning very red.  Drip, drip,
drip…:mad:

10 minutes later it is under control and stopped, but it really p1sses me
off.  I know it is a side affect and the medical people have said that
it is nothing to worry about because it is always the same side and only
my nose, but WTF? :shakehead:

Sorry just had to get it off my chest.  It is so bloody annoying that I can go for weeks without a problem and then boom…

Small price to pay TC, only advice I can give is to avoid white shirts :joy::joy:

Small price to pay TC, only advice I can give is to avoid white shirts 😂😂 Serrisan
Oh for sure... I found that out early doors ;)

The medication is not the cause of the nosebleed, it just prolongs it. That said, I would seek advice on probable causes - e.g had you suffered from a cold or do you pick your nose!

The medication is not the cause of the nosebleed, it just prolongs it. That said, I would seek advice on probable causes - e.g had you suffered from a cold or do you pick your nose!
brains_t
OK, thanks for that.  On probable cause, no on both counts.  Medical experts have told me that I do have a weak blood vessel in left snitch and the warfarin has highlighted the issue as my INR increased.

Maybe your capillaries are becoming thinner. I have a similar issue, if I’m tired (probably increased blood pressure) and I blow my nose, it sometimes start bleeding. Make sure you rest well and don’t pick your nose :slight_smile:

At home in a bathroom…lucky you. I had it happened while riding a bike, in a restaurant at the table, gym, on a plane, in a swimming pool. 

At home in a bathroom...lucky you. I had it happened while riding a bike, in a restaurant at the table, gym, on a plane, in a swimming pool. 
zalgiris
I am lucky in that I work from home.

Oh I can relate to that. Tube station in London, like you in a Restaurant (makes it look even worse if its an evening meal and I start popping pills immidiately afterwards) when I am driving (not had it happen on the bike …Yet)

Maybe your capillaries are becoming thinner. I have a similar issue, if I'm tired (probably increased blood pressure) and I blow my nose, it sometimes start bleeding. Make sure you rest well and don't pick your nose :) Cypher
My blood pressure is kept low on purpose (or lower than is usual).  The Doctors have told me it is one of the side affects of Warfarin, so it doesn't worry me, just gets annoying and I need to vent my spleen.

Change your dealer

Dry weather doesn’t help either

LOL

I would get your INR checked, to be sure your not out of therapeutic range.

I would get your INR checked, to be sure your not out of therapeutic range. Nic
I am checked every 3 months now,  Last one was 3 weeks ago.  INR is spot on target apparently.

The nose bleed problem has been with me since I first went on Warfarin over 18 months ago.

I had an issue when travelling some years ago with having continual nosebleeds. Went to see a doctor about it, who proceeded to cauterise something inside! Issue solved…

Ok so. I always say to patients on warfarin, you may have a 3 month review however if any changes, new medication come and have your INR checked. If this is all normal for you and you have discussed with GP. It’s a pain.

[quote]

Ok so. I always say to patients on warfarin, you may have a 3 month review however if any changes, new medication come and have your INR checked. If this is all normal for you and you have discussed with GP. It’s a pain.

Nic
I appreciate what you are saying.  The nose bleed despite being nuiscance value I have got used to.  I just needed to vent my spleen as it can be a pain in the arse at the most inconvenient time.

Now what is a pain in the arse is simple bruising.

This is what happens to me now when I fall down a couple of steps.  (It was checked by the Hospital by the way)

Attachments

Could see if your suitable for apixaban rather than warfarin?

http://heart.bmj.com/content/heartjnl/early/2016/10/24/heartjnl-2016-309901.full.pdf

Could see if your suitable for apixaban rather than warfarin? http://heart.bmj.com/content/heartjnl/early/2016/10/24/heartjnl-2016-309901.full.pdf Curtis
My Cardio unit are one of the best in the country apparently and are very switched on, so I am sure that they will consider that if it becomes appropriate.