Black visors at night

That would be interesting to see chunky!

I think people should make there own minds up without the fear of persecution, Free world and all that!!!

Would you rather be persecuted or put in a body bag?:crying:

People make up their own minds when they drink and drive, I suppose you support that too?

Found it eventually:D

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic317306-22-1.aspx?Highlight=photochromic

Body bag would do me, least i wouldn’t have to put up with do gooders like yourselfStop being such an opinionated c0ck chunkyNever will condone drink driving especially as my brother was killed by one

Thankyou for your comments R1cky.I’m no dogooder, just pointing out the dangers of wearing a dark visor after dark.Its not about legality its about staying alive something I think i’m allowed an opinion about.By wearing a black visor at night you are cutting down your vision by upto 85% which is not only endangering yourself but also other road users and pedestrians.If you saw a car with a blacked out windscreen driving down the road and it hit you I suppose you would shrug it off as it was his freedom of choice, no?

yr right chunks, it’s your own safety that’s at risk, not a possibility of prosecution …on times when i got cought out with a black one, i simply could not see enough to feel safe, even slowing down never seemed like an improvement, you just put yourselves at risk by not being able to spot something that can harm you in one way or another. ride safe they say.for me black visors are used instead of shades, but most importantly, to make you look cool. some of us on some ocassions do actualy choose to look cool at all cost. imho, there’s noone that hasn’t done that at least once… including myslelf :wink:

I am fully aware of the implications of wearing dark visors at night, All i was pointing out was if people want to wear them then surely that’s there choice, You are well within your rights to have an opinion, but surely we have the right not to have your opinion shoved down our throats day in and day out!!! This isn’t The chunkymonky Show now is it??? Or maybe you think it is!!!Where do you get your stats from as you seem very well versed on the subject???

boys boys boys…

chill…

if someone wants to wear a ark visor at night you wont stop them, no harm in expaling why its not a good idea tho.

persoanlly i think its a no no.

I do wear black visor and in my case it even helps. My eyes are very sensible for light because of spending to many hours watching… errrrmm… youtube :smiley:
Black visor is helpful aswell when people flash at you:ermm: I shouldn’t use high beam all the time, should I ? :smiley:

see you fuggin polish!:D:D:D:P

only joking mate…dont terminate me:w00t:

you poor sod, arnie :smiley:

ouch!!

A wise man once said “There are none so blind as those who will not see”

In this case it is a very accurate statement. Some people just can’t be helped.

I can quote figures because I have taken the time to find out about VLT (Visible Light Transmission)

At the moment BSI approved tinted visors are 50% VLT and dark (Illegal) visors are about 20%-15% VLT

This means you only see 15%-20% of the light thats outside the visor.

If you want to continue to wear a black visor at night feel free R1cky. I won’t lose one minutes sleep.

However I do care about the safety of all the other LB members who do have just an ounce of common between their ears.

As you say it’s your choice. Be happy with it.

Whilst wearing a dark visor at night is definitely for dafties only, I have been caught out a few times and it’s not so much what’s in front that’s the problem, but the peripheral vision that suffers.

However, I will not preach about it, same as I won’t criticise those that ride in shorts and flip-flops - it’s all personal choice.

I have had enough of the state and others telling me how to live my life, so certainly won’t be ranting at others.As long as they are not harming others, let them be.

Yeah i’ve bought a Caberg Trip as a winter helmet, perfect for the day to night situation, not a bad helmet for the price either;)

werent there stories the other year about folk wearing illegal dark visors - during the day - and then having them confiscated by police on the spot…

…so any of those folk who didnt have a second - legal - visor with them - were riding home with no visor at all…

?

If people’s choices and decision making is then putting other people at risk of death and injury (never mind themselves) then no, they shouldn’t have that choice.Riding at night with something on that reduces your vision in my opinion is utter madness. If you get caught out later than you thought then keep it up or use your spare non tinted and stick that on.

looks like good souvenir from Polish party :smiley:

I can’t see your point:cool: