Black (illegal) visors

What about those wraparound things that cyclists wear?

…I’m worried I might turn into a cyclist if I wear them

Ian

My Shark Helmet has a sunvisor that clips on over the clear visor. You can lift the sunvisor up when riding but only when doing slow speeds and not on a Motorway or hooning along ‘A’ roads.

Yeah - I don’t know what I was thinking :rolleyes: always had legal tints but none as black as this which is blacker than a very black thing - like er a mole or something. . . :ermm: i’ll carry the oe visor around in a sock for night time and just use this for very sunny days.

Trust Ratty to be able to change his in 10 seconds! ;):smiley: i’ll be happy with 25.

I have an AGV S4 and changing the visor is a piece of p1ss. Not as simple as my Shoei was though.

I always carry a clear visor if I’m using the dark one, I can’t see the problem.

WRT sunglasses there are many helmet friendly sunglasses available.

Bought some cheapo sunglasses as a stopgap until my ‘tinted’ visor arrives and they are actually quite good. Did the job, not uncomfortable etc. Also 15 squids as opposed to 45. :cool:

The lugs on the visor just looked a bit small and brittle to me - like they wouldn’t stand up to a lot of popping in/out of the visor mechanism - sounds like they can though. :slight_smile:

My HJC lid has only got a tinted visor as the dog ate the other one couple of years back. I dont have a problem in town with it, never been stopped and arrested or done time because of it, can see clearly as there are street lights, and my head has never fallen off, but forget country roads i cant see where i’m going with or without it anyway on them! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I got both a clear and a dark visor… if i go out and I now i will be back b4 sundown i wont take the clear… but that doesnt happen often

having (not any more) a topbox ment that i could stick the clear in there and not worry

now that i am topboxless i think having two pinclocks (one clear one dark) may be a better idea… theyre small enough to fit in the tankbag/backpack

oh yeah wearing a dark visor in cloudy,dark winter days is also silly

+1 I dont like wearing my dark, dark visor at night… the other option is to carry a pair of clear or high contrast safety glasses.

I have a clear and dark pinlock - you can carry the one you’re not using around with you easily and it take seconds to change :wink:

lol good idea Stevie! :smiley:

I agree with you. The mechanism on the AGV feels cheap and doesn’t feel like it will last for ever. Actually after about six months use with my AGV the whole helmet gives an impression of being cheap and nasty, the finish is suffering, and the visor seal coming away. I’m not impressed and won’t buy another AGV. I never had this type of problems with Shoeis.