Black cab drivers

Ha - Mostly I find them ok tbh, one of the most predictable of road users. Yes the hand out of the window means I’m coming through no matter what. Although I also have noticed the difference between a Cab with people and a Cab without - the Cab without is often driven far more aggressively. But there’s always a few nobs about.

Im 50/50 with the London cabbies, I’ve had good ones who’ve moved over and let me pass etc and I also have awful ones who have almost knocked me into lorries etc as others have said, its London, what else can you expect?

Following on from Arfas’ wonderful comment, I though this is an appropriate clip, which what many of us have considered throwing into said cab, on such occassions

Im 50/50 with the London cabbies, I've had good ones who've moved over and let me pass etc and I also have awful ones who have almost knocked me into lorries etc as others have said, its London, what else can you expect? Slan

+1
Some are decent and easy going while others are bored senseless and have a chip on their shoulder because of their petty existence. I try to quickly work out what type they are and then act accordingly

I don’t get this chip on the shoulder attitude. Why can’t they operate such that they are vaguely competitive price wise? Rather than using the “knowledge” as justification to charge 1.5 to 2 times that of Uber. As a consumer, I’m not concerned if the driver remembers a million streets if Google can do a better job and get around traffic.

Have you every seem a black cabbies accounts
They plead poverty

TfL set the fares, not the cabbies.

The job is a ‘dead man walking’. Uber and the like will see them shrivel over time. I’m amazed they can’t see that.

Yeah but that’s because no one uses them since they are so much more expensive (regarding the pleading poverty post)! 

All black cab driver should know better.  They spend about two years on bikes learning “the knowledge”, so you’d think they have a better appreciation for other motocyclist.

Have you every seem a black cabbies accounts They plead poverty Wise
Watched one of those 'Wanted - Home or Abroad' type programs the other day.  Featured a couple (him a cabbie) looking for a retirement pad in either Spain or one of the quaint little Home Counties villages.  They were inclined towards Spain, as if they chose to live anywhere near London, he would never fully retire.  The reason?... "It's too easy to nip out for an hour or two to make a hundred quid".

Not to mention the all night tube

The job is a 'dead man walking'. Uber and the like will see them shrivel over time. I'm amazed they can't see that. eezie

For me bad black cab drivers are a minority. I might be an exception but most that I’ve come across are decent people. I try to be polite to them just like to anyone else and often I’m repaid with the same. Of course there is the occasional bad one (like today one tailing me a metre from my rear wheel in Blackwell Tunnel) but the reason we notice them is because there are so many of them. Paint all other cars yellow and we’ll be complaining about bad yellow car drivers.

Younger or less experienced cabbies tend to be better as they can remember doing their Knowledge on a 125…whereas the hardened cabbie has forgotten.

Lol this morning I had a cabbie tell me it was his given right to indicate!!! imagine that!!

What pisses me off is he did it just to stop me and the other bikes over taking as he did it about 500 meters from the junction he actually turned at!

That’s better than the usual ‘indicate as you turn’ system.

It is a traffic offence to give a misleading indicator, must look up where this is but I’m just astonished that a cabbie indicated!

Why do people have this misconception that because someone has ridde a motorbike that they will have a passion or even understanding about it … all this everyone should sit a cbt crap … in that case everyone should take a car test or a hgv test so that your aware of what ita like.
How aboutthinking it was a case of cabbie thought if i give a bit of advanced warning to help make my intentions clear biker in my mirror may ease off and not be in a vulnerable position when i want to turn .