Black cab drivers

Hi all,

Had a cabbie close a gap on me head on today as he moved across to make a right turn and I was committed passing another car in the opposite direction, he knew exactly what he was doing and there was simply no need for it. Put the sh!ts right up me as I had no option but hope that he didn’t close it completely. 

The uber / addison lee crowd all seem to be a bit oblivious driving around but not malicious in their driving but my experience of the licensed guys is always poor and they seem to be over aggressive and looking for trouble.

Rant over but it’s said now. Opinions ?

Cheers,

899er

<gets popcorn and sits down for the show>

I can’t believe you put Addison Lee and driving in the same sentence

I was thinking more of Addison And Licenced but hey …
Its London Riding …
Its going to happen at least once a day
If not they make up for it the following days .

I believe they ask “Can you drive” on the interview and if you say yes you don’t get the job.

And be wary of overtaking near junctions

I can't believe you put Addison Lee and driving in the same sentence Wise

This.

My experience with black cab drivers is hit and miss, some are understanding and polite others are just downright cocksuckers. Today, i went for a 1 day business trip to Edinburgh. Taxi driver from airport was brilliant, had a good chat and his driving was courteous. On the way to the airport was complete opposite…

Had a double decker do something similar to me coming up to a queue at the traffic lights camberwell way.

Cement truck driver on my side of the road saw and moved over a bit, look on the bus drivers face was straight out of hell.

In the immortal words of someone on here “its london”  

I fucking hate black cab drivers, all of them

<gets popcorn and sits down for the show> Michael748
made me laugh that but honestly not the intention, just after some honest opinions. 

Meh, it’s London. It’s when a cab driver nonchalantly sticks a hand out of their window is when you really need to stick the anchors on. As you soon learn, in London a cabbie’s hand out of the window is a profound gesture of biblical nature, for it will truly part the seas of traffic, across all lanes and denominations to allow the Londoner’s saviour, the black cab to perform a u-turn. Come what may, no matter time of day, on Sabbath, or other infidel road users present, the tarmac in front of that cab will be thy blessed and none shall interfere or blaspheme. Thy shall let that cab perform thy holy u-turn decreed. Upon completion of this latter day miracle the tides of chemical emissions will crash forth, the sea of traffic will return and no enemies shall follow thy hold black cab as they deliver another fair paying city apostle to the promised land.

Amen

Meh, it's London. It's when a cab driver nonchalantly sticks a hand out of their window is when you really need to stick the anchors on. As you soon learn, in London a cabbie's hand out of the window is a profound gesture of biblical nature, for it will truly part the seas of traffic, across all lanes and denominations to allow the Londoner's saviour, the black cab to perform a u-turn. Come what may, no matter time of day, on Sabbath, or other infidel road users present, the tarmac in front of that cab will be thy blessed and none shall interfere or blaspheme. Thy shall let that cab perform thy holy u-turn decreed. Upon completion of this latter day miracle the tides of chemical emissions will crash forth, the sea of traffic will return and no enemies shall follow thy hold black cab as they deliver another fair paying city apostle to the promised land.

Amen

Arfa
Pure poetry
Meh, it's London. It's when a cab driver nonchalantly sticks a hand out of their window is when you really need to stick the anchors on. As you soon learn, in London a cabbie's hand out of the window is a profound gesture of biblical nature, for it will truly part the seas of traffic, across all lanes and denominations to allow the Londoner's saviour, the black cab to perform a u-turn. Come what may, no matter time of day, on Sabbath, or other infidel road users present, the tarmac in front of that cab will be thy blessed and none shall interfere or blaspheme. Thy shall let that cab perform thy holy u-turn decreed. Upon completion of this latter day miracle the tides of chemical emissions will crash forth, the sea of traffic will return and no enemies shall follow thy hold black cab as they deliver another fair paying city apostle to the promised land.

Amen

Arfa
I've seen one cure a leper with the hand out of the window and still deliver the fare. That said i'm not having it, but beatifully f*$king illustrated Arfa

Arfa you are on top form tonight. Excellent post. The tyre competition one was 5* too and deserves to win :slight_smile:

On the road black cabs are not the worst but they piss me off so I won’t use them on principal. I’ll use Uber. Much cheaper, although have never used one sober so can’t comment on their standard of driving. ,

Amen

Arfa
Wow, just wow. Reading this made my morning, thank you!

I don’t mind most of them, they’re mainly very experienced drivers who know what they’re doing, you get the odd twat of course. They often hover between lanes which is annoying and of course pull out suddenly to overtake stopping buses but you can see that coming.

loving this thread!

As most said though Black Cabs are hit and miss. I will never forget a ride home once when every black cab driver actually made way for me to get through and I do mean everyone! so if I see one that pisses me off I think of that day so I know they aren’t all knobbers

He’s just testing ya, if you’d slowed in any way he woulda had that gap. they’ve all been scooterists so know more than most what its like on two wheels.

Shame they’ve been told to leave a gap for cyclists on the wrong side though.

What a professional driver make a mistake…never