Biker Down...me!

bad luck mate but at least your ok and live to ride another day… isnt it funny how some people have no morals! they just left you lying there… its plain evil if you ask me

dude! sorry to hear this. Im sure its a conspiracy by someone on here…my accident also occured on a wednesday after I decided to give BM a miss… :smiley: get better soon

I’m really sorry to hear that!

Get well soon mate!!

Not sure where this happened but if it’s in the Met there are a number of Collision Investigation Units who would definitely be happy to have a chat with you. They should be able to tell you about CCTV etc. 03001231212 is the non-urgent number for the Met.

GWS dude.

GWS, Fellow biker

Really sorry to hear mate. Glad you’re relatively ok, it sounds like it could have been a lot worse.
Definitely sounds like a un-insured/stolen/… vehicle behind you. How bad does it get for people not to stop and help somebody out?
Get well soon, and let me know if you need anything.

its kinda scarey how many crash stories we have been hearing lately! :ermm:

Glad your well dude!:wink:

Terrible that nobody stopped…London is full of people that should be put down!
Pleased you’re not worse…and I hope you arent in too much pain.

(sorry if the above seems harsh but heard a few hit and run stories recently which makes me think this is actually quite common!)

get well soon

Thanks guys.

Feeling worse today but apparently that’s to be expected- the adrenalines worn off and the aches and pains kick in. Still glad to have got off relatively lightly but got to watch my neck (I’ve been there before and it takes time).

Gutted that my lovely new lid is totalled but it did the job. The padding was great, it didn’t move or ride up and I actually remember thinking ‘this is suprisingly comfy’ while my head bounced off the tarmac :w00t:. I’m never going back to cheap lids- really was money well spent. Also gutted about my Draggin’s but again they just holed slightly at the knee- leaving me with a playground graze rather than a full on rash. In general now I’ll be saving up for the best kit I can afford- my gloves were a bit old and tired but the knuckle protection was almost rubbed away- without the protection that would have been my knuckle. The leather on the thumb wasn’t so smart- hence a bit of injury there.

Went back to the scene today and managed to ride the bike the couple of miles back home. It had been left in the back yard of a betting shop so fortunately was unmolested since the accident.

So looking at the damage to the bike…

The right hand protector took the brunt of it- looks like it saved my hand in fact. Rear brake pedal bent right up. Hardly a mark anywhere else. It was rideable but the bars are a bit wonky so I’ll need to get that checked out before I get back on it- anyone suggest a good place to get this checked out in/near Croydon? Ta.

thats good to hear… re the bike being in rideable state… but like you mention wait till someone has checked it over.