Biker Down A40 today about 5.30 pm

Please see my comment quoted below

Sounds like there was two by what you lot are saying.

This is the accident in Perivale

Personally, I would find it useful if you posted the areas you are going to be riding through the next three days…

Just so I can make sure I stay well clear of them and don’t become another ‘easyrider statistic’…:wink:

RIP someone else killed by some criminal (yere it’s an assumption, but would you run?) muppet driver.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23679790-details/Three+held+after+policeman+on+motorbike+dies+in+hit-and-run/article.do

Apparently there were two unrelated deaths, one in Perivale and on in Marylebone.

RIP both fallen bikers :frowning:

very very sad :crying:

Very sad, not nice to hear about a biker killed but two in one day, so close to each other, very tragic. RIP guys :(On the subject of whether people should post “biker down” threads - I can’t really understand why people object to them. You don’t have to open them.

For me they serve three very useful purposes - they remind us of our own mortality and how dangerous biking can be, so hopefully people who read them will take that little bit more care, they may even learn from them in the same way that they publicise aviation accidents so people learn from those; they warn us of possible traffic congestion and closed roads on our route back home or wherever we plan to be travelling to; and they give us an opportunity to pay our respects, albeit a simple “RIP biker” message, to a fallen fellow biker.To anyone who is upset by these posts - just don’t read the thread. Ignore it.

RIP both bikers. Very sad news.:crying:In defence of easyrider he doesn’t just post really bad crashes- he posts any that he sees!

these posts are grim and depressing but I agree with those that have commented that this sort of post keeps the dangers out there in our collective consciousness. It is also relevant to know where an accident has happened- quite often it turns out that a particular accident has happened at an accident black spot and by reporting it easyrider often gets responses such as ‘oh I know that stretch of road, very dangerous with the traffic turning right out of the petrol station’ etc. Now I for one make a mental note of these blackspots as unless you ride a road regularly you are not necessarily aware of dangers specific to that road.

RIP to the two riders. A tragic day, with two dying so close to each other. Thoughts and prayers with their families and loved ones! :frowning:

In terms of the whole should we shouldnt we post a biker down thread, I personally don’t have an issue with them. If they are posted in the road watch section, there is a benefit to people knowing that there was a biker down but also that the roads will be affected. Obviously they are not nice to see, and they do serve to give a reality check that what we all love is very dangerous

You do not need to open them. I certainly wouldnt ban them from being posted because it is someone’s right to do it, it just needs to be constructive rather than just sounding like ambulance chasing.

again, RIP to the two lads killed yesterday.

RIP fellow bikers :crying:

Terrible news of course . That said, we don’t need reminding that riding a motorbike is dangerous. People will get killed riding bikes. It might be me on my way home tonight. These posts just state the bleeding obvious and don’t tell me anything I don’t know already. (I appreciate the contradiction in me saying that and also taking the time to open the thread and reply to it.)

Whenever I see a ‘biker down’ post I dont really feel anything (unless they died) - its just someone whose had an accident, its unlucky! Fair enough if its someone from this forum or someone people will know but other that I dont see the need to really tell everyone about it, fair enough a biker IS down but who really wants to know & keep being told about every biker that hits the deck - I dont! It seems a bit like train spotting to me… I just dont get it!

To be fair, it’s in ‘Road Watch’ and such accidents tend to cause traffic chaos. I don’t have a problem in people highlighting them. It’ll be in the press anyway. If people don’t like such threads then perhaps don’t read 'em.

I read easyridas biker down threads just to make sure its nobody i know.

Nor me, as I said earlier.

If its in road watch thats fair enough but they only end up in here after 1 of the mods have moved it here.

The heading is CLEAR so, if its something you dont get or see as pointless, I figure you simply dont bother to open the thread & waste your time posting a reply? Seems very contradictory to me :blink: It would appear there is a good few members who find these sorts of post useful (for one of a better word) :satisfied:

How did u know I had a pair!! I love them most comfortable pair shoes…

I had the misfortune of arriving at the front of the cue of cars within a few minutes of this accident happening. It was about 4:20pm. I along with other bikers then had to spend 90mins or so within a few yards of the body until we were allowed to leave on the hard shoulder the wrong way off the A40. Grimmest experience I have every had.