Bike Trackers

Unless it’s something that’s always there such as an alarm/immobiliser or Datatag I wouldn’t bother declaring it.

Insurance for my 701 has no security on it at all, as they don’t recognise the specific Xena disc lock I use (which actually has a bigger pin than the ones they do recognise). It made about £5 difference on a £1150 policy. Adding an Almax IV dropped it by another £5 or so. I took the £10 hit and declared it with no security.

The tracker made 0 difference - but the peace of mind is priceless.

Most state in the small print that when left unattended it must have a minimum of d-lock/disc lock, my insurance policy is also void if it’s not on at night in my garage

Insurance for my 701 has no security on it at all, as they don't recognise the specific Xena disc lock I use (which actually has a bigger pin than the ones they do recognise). It made about £5 difference on a £1150 policy. Adding an Almax IV dropped it by another £5 or so. I took the £10 hit and declared it with no security.
The tracker made 0 difference - but the peace of mind is priceless.
ILikeTurtles
I have a 690 Duke and done the same as you, not declared chains/disklocks just incase you forget one time and the bike is gone and they screw you over. Only declare things that make a difference and are not things you would forget like an alarm.

As per previous comments - it's true, I've never had my premium reduced because I have a tracker. They just ask what security devices you have so that they can later say you didn't use them when the bike was stolen and refuse the payout. Apart from that I doubt having them affects the premium.
Cypher
Its one of those things, some insurance companies will just not insure without one, so are you getting a discount if you get one, no, just no insurance otherwise, so in-essence its costing you more. 

We now have two new models to choose from.

The amount of thefts does not seem to have gone down, seems there is not enough deterrents for them.

ST2 Waterproof IP67/3G
ST3 Water resistant, Ultra Compact

Use LBOCT17 to get £5 off.

How much does the online portal cost after the first year?

I know this is morally wrong but then so are insurance companies.  If you notice yours bikes missing, can you not just hire an angle grinder and grind your chain yourself after the bikes been nicked?

I know this is morally wrong but then so are insurance companies.  If you notice yours bikes missing, can you not just hire an angle grinder and grind your chain yourself after the bikes been nicked?
Michaels
There's lots of things you 'can' do... You also can get caught. It's all about risk. I'm sure loads of people have done something similar and got away with it...

But of all the companies I have ever had, only once has one asked me to have some sort of security on it… Maybe cause my bikes were never that desirable or I only lived in c. London a while back…

Online tracking, what does this mean? an Interface for me to look at, or a control centre or both? Any screen shots you can share? What are the fees after 2 years?

… four and six (22 1/2 p) a tanner change from two half crowns