Bike Trackers

Over the last few months I have been selling and installing bike trackers around the London area, best of all they are affordable and covert (8cm x 4cm x 1cm)

For a limited time we are offering these units for £60 inc pp, comes included with 2yrs online tracking and UK SIM (Free £5 credit on £10 Top-Up).

If you are around London and require fitting we can arrange this for you along with alarms at your home.

Click and contact us via our Facebook page.

Signup to our Newsletter for offers/products and not spam @ http://bit.ly/2wmO3c1

Attachments

Is this better than BikeTrac? I realise that “better” is probably subjective but any idea on what are the chances of this being tracked vs BikeTrac?

I think what Cypher means is can you cite any examples of your tracker being used to recover a stolen vehicle?

Ooh, got any details about the actual product? What’s the interface like - can I watch my bike moving on a map? Download tracks of where I’ve been? Does it work abroad?

I think what Cypher means is can you cite any examples of your tracker being used to recover a stolen vehicle?
me_groovy
+1

Online tracking, what does this mean? an Interface for me to look at, or a control centre or both? What are the fees after 2 years?

I tried an ‘affordable’ tracker - stopped working after a couple of months and got no help from the manufacturer. Now with BikeTrac - excellent product with great 24/7 monitoring and very good customer service. Money well spent for piece of mind, and hopefully a reduction on insurance premium. 

Yeah, but which “affordable tracker” was it? Somewhat objectively, the BikeTrac hardware isn’t worth £300 - there’s no reason to assume nobody can make a similarly-performant product for £100 and a perfectly-adequate one for £50. Obviously it’s also entirely possible for people to make a non-functioning one for those prices, too, but it’s really not as if they need to be in order to meet the price point.

Is this better than BikeTrac? I realise that "better" is probably subjective but any idea on what are the chances of this being tracked vs BikeTrac?
Cypher
Smaller YES, less expensive YES.

If you have a high value motorbike and require insurance approved I would recommend BikeTrac, but where you would not spend that money this is an alternative option. GPS tracking will be just as reliable as BikeTrac what it does not have is VHF tracking and the superslic and that his why they are much more expensive and larger units.

me_groovy
Unlike Tracker/Biketrac we only provide the tracker/online and fitting (if required).
We do not get involved with recovering stolen vehicles and so can not give figures on that for you.

Ooh, got any details about the actual product? What's the interface like - can I watch my bike moving on a map? Download tracks of where I've been? Does it work abroad? Big Red S
There is web/smartphone/sms access to the tracker. Online records all trips you have made, you can view these and we will be adding button to download a GPX (Google Earth) file with your track. Unit will detect vibration/powercut/ignition, you can set multiple geofences.

Unit will work where there is any 2G coverage which is most of Europe.

I tried an 'affordable' tracker - stopped working after a couple of months and got no help from the manufacturer. Now with BikeTrac - excellent product with great 24/7 monitoring and very good customer service. Money well spent for piece of mind, and hopefully a reduction on insurance premium.  Qwokka
There is nothing wrong with BikeTrac which is a great product apart from the cost, some can not afford that unfortunately. I am not trying to convert people that have their mind set on BikeTrac but rather those that are not willing to spend that sort of money.
Some people I know that have had BikeTrac fitted have not seen much of reduction on their premium which is very unfortunate but insurance seem to have the upperhand here and we are all paying for it. It is a worrying time to be a biker.

Yeah, but which "affordable tracker" was it? Somewhat objectively, the BikeTrac hardware isn't worth £300 - there's no reason to assume nobody can make a similarly-performant product for £100 and a perfectly-adequate one for £50. Obviously it's also entirely possible for people to make a non-functioning one for those prices, too, but it's really not as if they need to be in order to meet the price point. Big Red S
A lot of what you are paying for BikeTrac is due to it having VHF tracking, slick app, customer service that helps with tracking etc. There is no doubt advantages of their system but at a price, as is all in life. At the end of the day most just want to see where their bike is on a map.

There are some units out there which are just not really designed for use in motorbikes, many ive seen that people install have USB power interfaces and they just break off the board due to vibration.

Fair play to you for coming back and responding to our questions, a lot of companies just make a post and bugger off. 

@TSM - does it have geo-fencing?

I tried an 'affordable' tracker - stopped working after a couple of months and got no help from the manufacturer. Now with BikeTrac - excellent product with great 24/7 monitoring and very good customer service. Money well spent for piece of mind, and hopefully a reduction on insurance premium. 
Qwokka
I have a BikeTrac installed and had no reduction on insurance premiums but it has stopped my bike from being stolen when the company (Road Angel) called me at 3:20am because of an alert when the scrotes kicked my bars and broke the steering lock. They hadn't actually moved the bike anywhere, they were in the midst of "adjusting" the chain with an angle grinder when I caught them in the act.
@TSM - does it have geo-fencing? The Sleeper
Yes it does, you can add multiple fences per tracker as circle/square or polygon areas. It can notify on exit or enter.

I tried an 'affordable' tracker - stopped working after a couple of months and got no help from the manufacturer. Now with BikeTrac - excellent product with great 24/7 monitoring and very good customer service. Money well spent for piece of mind, and hopefully a reduction on insurance premium.  Qwokka
I have a BikeTrac installed and had no reduction on insurance premiums but it has stopped my bike from being stolen when the company (Road Angel) called me at 3:20am because of an alert when the scrotes kicked my bars and broke the steering lock. They hadn't actually moved the bike anywhere, they were in the midst of "adjusting" the chain with an angle grinder when I caught them in the act.

Cactus
"Adjusting" did they also bring some chain loob :) Good to hear that they did not get away with it.

We are looking into offering a similar service in the future where you could receive a call if we detect tampering but it would be aimed to keep costs low.

Fair play to you for coming back and responding to our questions, a lot of companies just make a post and bugger off.  me_groovy
Thank you.

I am a daily biker too and this is also concerning to me each time I go out, more so than plod stopping me at the moment and I think that says something about the problem.

As per previous comments - it’s true, I’ve never had my premium reduced because I have a tracker. They just ask what security devices you have so that they can later say you didn’t use them when the bike was stolen and refuse the payout. Apart from that I doubt having them affects the premium.

As per previous comments - it's true, I've never had my premium reduced because I have a tracker. They just ask what security devices you have so that they can later say you didn't use them when the bike was stolen and refuse the payout. Apart from that I doubt having them affects the premium.
Cypher
That's interesting. I don't think I've ever run a quote without a disc lock on there. I wonder if it really makes no difference?