Bike parking at National Theater?

Morning all

My missus is taking me out for an evening of culture at the National tonight.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good parking spot there. I have a vague memory of there being some sheltered parking at the side of the building…?

Also I’ve seen notices there are some road closures around there. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Go round the back and follow signs for the national theatre car park, it is underneath the theatre itself and the entrance is on the SW corner. Ignore the barriers, ride round em, and park. same on the way out. it’s not dodgy, that’s what the security guard told me to do last time I visited. free, covered, and a lift up to the theatres, ideal.

same deal at the Barbican

If you’ve got a half decent bike make sure it’s locked to something. I know of a few bikes been stolen from there.

Thank you gents. Much appreciated.

It’s about half-decent.

If there’s no space then go next door to the car park under the Hayward Gallery. Also free, always space, and yes, couple of bikes nicked from there!

I just wanted to thank you all for the advice. Rode down the ramp, around the barriers and parked in a bike space and cabled it to the fence.

And at the end of the evening we gave the car drivers & passengers an eye-full as we changed back into our kit in the car park itself.