Bike opinions and suggestions. Must be 47 bhp, or restricted but nothing over 94 bhp.

I currently have a Honda Varadero 125. I am looking at bikes for when I get my A2 license (UK). I believe anything less than 770 mm seat height will be too small as I’m currently learning on a Honda CBF500. So, this is what I’ve come up with so far.

Aprilia Mana 850 GT

Kawasaki Versys

Honda XL700 Transalp

Kawasaki ER-6N

Suzuki DL650 V-Storm

Aprilia Shiver 750

Suzuki SV650

Dunno how the Aprilia Mana 850 GT will manage if you restrict it to A2 licence friendly as its an auto

for my two penny worth id go for the SV650 or the Kawa 6N

the kawasaki ninja 300 boasts some impressive who-ha with both a fuel gauge and a clock, conforms to the 47BHP restriction and (according to mcn) has a 280 mile tank range.
honestly considering swapping my 636 for one…i have other personal reasons for my choice but all in all, they seem like good bikes, i had a ninja 250 before (closest comparison i have) and it rode really well, easily got to 100mph with me and another large bloke on the back, so i can only imagine the 300 is capable of the same.

might want to make an introductory post before just asking questions and disappearing into the night without a trace :slight_smile:

There’s also the new 2015 Honda CBR300R that looks good: http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/08/14/2015-honda-cbr300r-sportbike-first-ride-motorcycle-review-photos-specifications-tech-talk-video/

Didn’t quite beat Ninja 300 in MCN’s tests but looks good for that category.

RC 390