Bike jackers on A41

Yeah but this was 14:15 pm. It’s totally closed, despite being built only about 10 yrs ago.

sorry to hear that and glad you got away

yeah if you have a nice bike … definitely wear a helmet camera …

… I met some bikelife guys at fwr once and I said how do I protect against you lot … he laughed and said keep riding that snotter and keep your helmet camera on

But how d you ride a snotter when the govt have insisted we all meet ULEZ? I had to sell my 1998 Blade to buy a newer one… so al we are doing is feeding the scumbags more brand new bikes.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you are ok.

Buy a snotter that does meet the ULEZ? (or get your current snotter checked. The emission requirement is actually a pretty low bar to meet - I’ve seen a post on another forum saying somone got a 90’s 250 2-stroke through the test).
I know they’re not sexy but the older oil-cooled BMW R1100 bikes sail through apparantly.

Just not interested in having to buy another bike just to not get robbed. I couldn’t justify the FireBlade then, and that’s the bike I want… so maybe that’s it for me and commuting on a bike.

1 Like

Get Mr Loophole to defend you. The magistrates threw out speed camera prosecutions for various footballers after they said they had been chased by paparazzi. Let alone scrotes with a gun.

2 Likes

I got nervous just reading through this thread, i cannot imagine how you have felt. You must be one strong character to have gone through this and tell the tale you told. If i were to see a gun, i’d just get off the bike, leave the keys and walk away.

Power to you

1 Like

Hats off to you for handling it so cooly and not stuffing the bike in panic.

I guess most of us have wondered what we would do (I know I have and my bikes pretty low down on the “nick” list) if we saw a group of obvious scoot-scrotes take an interest in us and u-turn etc to get on our tail…I get wary if I see one scoot with a pillion doing it , if they are in convoy with another scoot my alarm bells go off…

Nightmare would be “Scoota Alley” that is the Embankment/ York Road from Waterloo to Wandsworth… so many lights, ped crossings , central reservations , side turnings etc that even Foggy on a race-prepped Panigale couldn’t distance himself from a granny on a 50cc ped!

I ride that route daily and have ever felt intimidated.
But hat’s off to the OP. Terrifying.

Know what you mean, I’d never felt intimidated either until that. However, I went to get a tracker fitted at the weekend and one of my mates in the shop told me about a mutual mate (who I then spoke to) who used to ride in on an RSV4 Aprilia. He was twice attacked, once at Staples Corner (two pads, he kicked one over and got onto M1) and another in White City with 3 x tw-up T-maxes. He doesn’t ride in anymore.

Seems like this sort of thing is all too common now. I had a little scallywag try to chase me down on Green lanes just before the summer. Went into full blown flight mode down residentials I knew well and just kept praying that nothing unexpected crossed my path… completely forgot I had a tank of giant African landsnails on my back for my classroom so the poor buggers got a new land speed record.

3 Likes

Jeez this is scary, but so glad you managed to get away from them!