Bike Cops and Bollards

One day early last week I saw bike cops had pulled over some bikes in Milverton street, opposite FWR in Kennington Road. Although it looked like part of an operation I couldn’t see the usual man with speed gun or supporting vehicle etc. Today I was squeezing between a black BMW and the pedestrian island at the lights near the small area of green approaching the same spot when I suddenly had that “someone’s watching me” feeling. I looked over the road to see two bike cops standing there, arms crossed looking at me. Being a good boy they didn’t stop me, but I know plenty of people swerve round that pedestrian island when the traffic is queued back and I know it is something the Police are cracking down on.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=kennington+road&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=10.548058,26.982422&ie=UTF8&ll=51.486127,-0.111486&spn=0.001368,0.003294&t=h&z=19&iwloc=addr

rightly so i say.

“Off Sideing” seems to be the hot one at the moment.

Don’t go to the right of the blue arrow that points left…:wink:

There was a MASSIVE crackdown before Christmas on this, especially on The Highway in Wapping…

Loads of Cops, Lots of people getting a telling off…

Guess what im seeing lots of in the mornings over the last few weeks… (I’ll give you a clue, its not the police!)

I saw that lot a few times too. Not quite sure why they have chosen that particular spot - you would have to be some numpty to go around that Island without forst clocking the dayglo jackets…

I couldn’t figure out what they were doing there - but I saw them giving 2 bikers a stern talking to on one day, although they have never bothered me…

They were there again today…

Yep!

well, well… off siding is illegal after all … :slight_smile: i believe up to 9 points and possible disqualification not to mention a huge fine, and yes! how about the risk of injurying pedestrians … is it really worthy?

:crazy:

Here in the States it is a 5 yard penalty, to be off side.

From my own experience it is Driving Without Due Care and Attention if done on Piccadilly…